Chapter 2: Unexpected Saviour

'Am I crying?' My vision morphs into a focus as the tear-like substance leaves my eye. It trickles slowly and tantalisingly into my open mouth, saltless and almost acidic - it's rain. But then, where am I?
I try to get up - struggle, even - but the more power I use, the more I am frozen in place.
'Oh. Frozen. Literally.' The gradually accumulating droplets of rain have formed a sea of ice engulfing my limbs.
'Damn this cryo vision,' I lament as I search for a solution.

"Kaeya!"
'Please don't be Diluc. Please don't be Diluc. Please don't-'
"What happened? Let me help." It's Pure Vanilla. He sprints over, seemingly hovering, and starts to bend over.
"Stop. I don't need your help. I'm fine."
"Yes you do! Just let me-"
"Stop," he senses the seriousness in my voice and falters, "I'll freeze you... If you come any closer."
Usually, I would use this as a threat against him, but a part of me wants to keep him away from my own mess. I don't want him to see me like this, weakened and destructive.
"I can get Diluc. He can melt this," he pants.
"That's so embarrassing," I chuckle under my breath. I can tell he pretends to ignore my comment and he begins to turn around to leave, until a bright, gleeful smile widens across his cheeks. Ignoring my previous instructions, he puts his hands directly on the ice.

"What are you-"
His eyes roll into the back of his head and his jaw drops as he clicks his flowery staff against the cobblestones. A sharp hiss emerges from the head of the pole and my eyes widen when I see the flower burst open, revealing a single enlarged eye. Its vines thrash around wildly, and slap against his gown, spitting droplets of nectar and fizzing. Instantaneously, my arms begin to bulge and my veins pop up into visibility. Instead of feeling helpless against the freezing barrier of ice, cracks begin to form around my arms and I ease them out of their confines.

"How did you- I mean- What the f*ck?" I'm honestly astonished. It's not a secret that Pure Vanilla is extravagant - there are even kids' stories and wives' gossip about his dress sense and his staff. But, this? He doesn't even have a vision.

Silently and gently, he pulls me off the ground and begins to walk towards the Mondstadt gates.
"Well, are you coming?"