Chapter 18: Drunk Dark Paulson

“When you are out of control, 

someone is ready to take over.” 

― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

============================================================================

Sarah found herself at the middle of the night in a bar in downtown L.A, sitting alone in the counter ordering shots of white vodka

“Sarah?” a familiar modulated voice coming at the back called her name,she looked behind her and saw Harriet.

“The hell are you doing here?” Sarah said jokingly as she fake a smile.

“And why the hell ARE you here?” Harriet asked; the two woman laughed as Harriet sat next to her.

“Shots please, make it double!” Harriet ordered.

“What brings you here Paulson?” Harriet asked her one more time; Sarah doesn’t like it when she tells people her problems, she doesn’t want to tell her a thing.

“and what brings you here?” she answered back with a question. Harriet raised her brow realizing Sarah was avoiding her questions.

“If you don’t wanna say anything it’s fine. I’m here because there’s a reunion” Harriet pointed at a group of people of about their age drinking, chatting and laughing.

“That looks fun.” The brunette giggled as she drinks another shot of tequila it’s her 7th shot aside from drinking the half bottle at home.

“Sarah, you’re drunk go home” Harriet said as she pats Sarah’s back and guided the brunette to her car.

“Where do you live again?” Harriet asked but Sarah who was in the back seat already fell asleep. Harriet sighed and drives home.

When she got home; she carried Sarah in her back and went inside her house and laid Sarah on her couch.

She then grabbed her phone from her Gucci bag and called Zach.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

“WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING ME its 1AM!” Zach yelled groggily on the phone

Harriet giggled That’s cute, but Sarah’s here.”

“What? Lily was just here 2 hours ago looking for her can I talk to her?”

“She’s sleeping. She’s drunk ya know.”

“I’ll go inform Lily bout’ this.”

“Yeah, sure tell her to pick her up here in my house; just give her my address. Thanks Zach”

Harriet hanged up; she then went to the living room and slumped on the single couch opposite to the couch where Sarah was. Harriet laid her back in the couch as she slowly drifts into sleep.

================================================================================

Lily went back to her apartment; when she was exhausted.

“You should’ve not over react Lily. You should’ve known where she’s coming from” she thought to herself as she closes the door and lock it; she immediately went to her room and lay on the bed covering her face with a pillow as she cried softly.