CHAPTER 18

Hours later Claire and i were at my mothers house. It was empty of course. We had told our mother to go to a specific location to be safe. Claire and i took one of the cars and drove 1 hour and 30 minutes to where my mother and the girls where at. Once we got there my mother was coming outside with the girls. Tears filled her eyes as we got closer.

We stopped the car in front of the house and got off running to our girls. I saw Auroras eyes puffy and red. She started crying again when she saw me. 

"Its okay, I'm right here baby" i hugged her tightly as she continued to sob. I picked her up and went to my mother. Tears were falling from her eyes. I hugged her tightly and thanked her for taking care of my girl. Claire did the same and we all went inside. We told our mother what had happened and pure fear was shown on her face. Emilio knew we existed. What if he changed his mind one day and came looking for them. I was terrified too but for now i had to keep my plan to attend the yearly ball. I had contacted Sara and she was willing to help me. 

Time was going as fast as it could. I knew exactly who will be attending and what time everyone would arrive. Everything was going to plan. I cut off all contact with Oliver as well so he wouldn't ruin my plans. 

"Are you out of your mind?!" Claire shouted at me as I packed a bad with weapons i will be taking and clothes. Sara was going to be waiting for me at the hotel and we would leave together. 

"Let me come with you!" she said as she tried to slow me down. I looked at her and sighed. 

"Claire, i have to go on my own. This can be really dangerous for both of us to be together. I need you here. Your daughter needs you here" i say as i keep putting my clothes in the bag.

"Your daughter needs you here!" she yelled. Tears were falling from her eyes. I stopped and put my hands on her shoulder. 

"Please. I already got you in so much danger. You were away from your daughter for a long time. I will not put you in anymore" she stayed quiet but later nodded. 

"Now, i need you to do something very important for me." i said as i hugged her. When i finished talking to her tears were falling from her eyes. She was gonna do what i had asked her. I made a shocking discovery a few weeks ago and..... i wasn't sure if i was going to make it out of there. I finished packing and i went to say goodbye to Aurora. 

"Do you really have to go?" Aurora asked with a sadden expression. I frowned and pulled her in for a hug.

"Yes. Its really important that i go. I promise i will try to make it back. I love you. Always and forever remember?" i pulled back and gave her a kiss on her forehead. 

"Always and forever" she said as she gave me one last hug.

I was finally on my way to the hotel. The ball was just two days away. My heart beated faster as i though of when i could finally see the man that took Emiliano . When i arrived at the hotel some of Saras men greeted me and lead me to a room in the hotel. A few hours later, Sara came to my hotel room. 

"Athena! I'm so glad to see you!" she said as she embraced me in a hug. I hugged her back tightly and thanked her for helping me once more. We sat down and talked for hours. I told her the truth of what had happened with Emilio and I but she was just shocked. 

"Em, Athena... you do know that Emilio is getting married right?" my eyes shot open in surprise

"How do you know?" i asked. She sock her head and handed me an invitation. 

"They dropped it off this morning. Seem Emilio is getting married to the daughter of another powerful mafia leader in America. I think her name is Arianna?" I looked at the Invitation and closed my eyes. Why was i feeling like this? i couldn't have feeling for him, could i? I gave the invitation back to sara and asked her to not tell anyone about what had happened. She agreed and i talked to her about the plan i had in mind.