Chapter 2: Idun and The Garden of Eden

Darkness...

Gryphon felt weightless in the suffocating void that was his own unconsciousness. He felt no breeze, heard no sound, experienced no pain.

He assumed he was dead...until an oppressive pressure attacked his senses. In the distance, a gargantuan shadow descended. Gryphon could barely make out it's shape but he was sure it was the demon from his dream. The shadow becomes a dark red and contrasts the darkness around them.

It extends towards Gryphon's shadow and taints it with the same dark red hue

It extends towards Gryphon's shadow and taints it with the same dark red hue. It's then that the demonic voice booms in his mind, making him look down at the tainted shadow.

 It's then that the demonic voice booms in his mind, making him look down at the tainted shadow

???: Fear not, Holder of My Knowledge. I mean you no harm.

Gryphon: What are you?!

???: I am Lucifer, Lord of Chaos and King of Demons.

Gryphon: The fallen archangel? Why do you keep appearing in my dreams?!

Lucifer: Because you hold that which God has robbed from me, My Knowledge. Now that you carry it, you and I will fuse and become Nahobino.

Gryphon struggles to wrap his mind around Lucifer's words. Nahobino? Fuse? I wasn't making any sense and judging by the low chuckle from Lucifer, he seemed to notice that.

Lucifer: It is good that you are well versed in Mythology. It may very well be what prolongs your life.

Gryphon: What? What do you mean?

Lucifer: Your questions will be answered in time. For now, thank your savior once you awaken.

Lucifer's form vanished into Gryphon's shadow as the writhing red darkness remained inside it. Gryphon began to fall unconscious once more, feeling the weightlessness overtake him again.

<__________________________>

A cacophony of sound assaulted Gryphon's ears. He felt the soft grass under his back and the wind gently hitting his face.

Rustling leaves, birds singing, an oddly pleasant humming. Gryphon groggily leans upright, shaking his head lightly as he regains his bearings. He begins to observe his surroundings, now realizing that he is no longer in Kuoh's suddenly less boring streets.