The Root of Evil, The Stray Devil, and The Arrival of Bethel

—|The Netherworld|—
The music played loudly in the refurbished Netherworld. Gryphon sat in front of the bar, making sure no one gives his new employees any trouble. Now, The Netherworld is open on the weekends as well as Mondays and Wednesdays.

Behind the counter, Zdrada and her sister, Malina, serve drinks to patrons. Gryphon mentally speaks to Lucifer about his actions from yesterday.

 Gryphon mentally speaks to Lucifer about his actions from yesterday

Gryphon: So, that attack from yesterday was insane.

Lucifer: It perplexes me. You managed to use a combination of my power, that which I gained from consuming the Lord's Knowledge, and power from a mysterious third source. Completely subconsciously. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were born with your own form of magic and judging by how you get disgusted in the presence of the Red Dragon Emperor, I may know what it is.

Gryphon begins to ponder this third source and absentmindedly utters two words, Multiverse and Obsidian, without even realizing it, prompting Lucifer to hum in curiosity.

<__________________________>
—|Later that night|—

Gryphon, Zdrada, and Malina finish cleaning the bar and begin to call it a night.

Gryphon: Congrats on a smooth first day, you two. I was kinda worried Zdrada was gonna punch that guy that whistled at her.

Zdrada: Oh, I was, but I'm trying to get paid here. This is probably the easiest shit I've ever done, otherwise.

Malina: Easy? This was fucking exhausting! God, I just want to drink and play some games right now.

Gryphon: You'll be able to buy all the games you want after you get your paycheck tomorrow, Malina.

Malina's eyes widen at the idea and she's suddenly full of energy, causing Gryphon to chuckle at her while her sister full on laughs in her face.

Suddenly, Gryphon sensed a putrid wave of magic energy. He looks in the direction it came from and his eyes glow slightly. A portal opens near him as he addresses the girls and tosses Zdrada the keys to Netherworld.

Gryphon: Don't forget to lock up and don't drink me out of house and home while I'm gone.

Gryphon manifests his armor and enters the portal without giving the sisters a chance to respond. Malina sighs and puts her head on the bar counter.

Malina: Why does being a Guardian Demon have to be so hard?

Zdrada: Suck it up, I know you like him anyways.

Malina: S-shut up, you piece of shit!

<__________________________>
—|A Warehouse somewhere in Kuoh|—

Gryphon steps out of a portal and into a dark warehouse with no signs of life in it. He pulls his hood down to see clearly before taking his longsword from it's sheathe and glaring into the darkness in front of him.