29

"Y/n...it's Shinichiro...he's been killed..." Mikey cried over the phone.

Her eyes widened, tears welling up in her eyes.

No...

No. That can't be true...

"What?" She said, barely above a whisper. Her mind went blank, nothing but Shinichiro's face flashed in her eyes.

She dropped her phone, it falling through her fingers from the amount of shock and denial she was in.

"Y/n? Y/n, wait! Listen to me! There's something you gotta know-" Mikey's yelling was deaf on her ears, she couldn't hear a thing.

She couldn't feel a thing.

She couldn't think a single thing.

Her limbs were trembling, making it hard for her to even move.

The shop.

His shop.

I need to get to it, I need to see for myself.

He can't be dead.

He isn't.

Who would do this? Who would want to kill Shin..?

Her phone long forgotten, her mind on one thing.

Walking turned into running.

Running turned into sprinting. Faster and faster, until her legs burned with strain.

She ran by people, shoving them out of the way.

"Hey, watch it!"

"You little shit!"

"Have some respect!"

She didn't care about their screaming. All she cared about was Shinichiro, and if he was still with her. With Mikey.

Running, she could see flashes of blue and red, getting closer and closer the farther she ran.

No... No, no, no, no, no.

Please, it's not true.

Pumping her legs faster, her arms moving along with them.

She ran to her brothers shop, the sign coming into view.

Her legs started feeling weak, her bones and muscles wanting a break.

She stumbled, regaining her footing as cop cars came into perfect view.

No...

She stopped, taking in her surroundings as she caught her breath.

Multiple cop cars, all scattered around the entrance of the shop. Some cops were talking to one another, shaking their head in pity.

She looked around, trying to spot a head of blonde hair, but she saw no sign of her little brother anywhere.

Swallowing, she started to take a few small steps closer to the shop.

Her breathing was labored, her exhaling shaky and fragile.

A few heads turned her way, their conversations stopping to look at the girl who was in shock and distress.