F i v e

Julie sat at her keyboard as the three guitarists stood in front of her. After the girls heart to heart, they decided to come back to the studio and join the boys for a rehearsal. Alex hadn't shown up yet but they knew they had to practice for the dance. Luke and Reggie played a few chords creating a new harmony, Sophia joined in a few seconds later. Julie smiled and nodded along to beat before playing a few notes adding a little more to the harmony they had created.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One more time," Luke said over the instruments. They all went quiet for a second, right as Alex walked through the studio doors.

"Alex!" Sophia said excitedly.

"Where've you been? We need to start practicing," Luke announced.

"Yeah? For what?" Right as he asked the question the door to the studio opened letting Flynn walk into the studio.

"Dance news!" she said as she held her hands up in the air. "I don't have a date. But I don't care because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform."

"Oh, man! We're playing a dance," Alex groaned.

"Of course, dude. That's how we get a following nowadays," Luke explained.

"Yeah, get with the program, Alex." Julie chuckled. Sophia's jaw almost dropped to the floor when she saw the way Luke and Julie were looking at each other.

"What?" Flynn said, suddenly making everyone look at her. "The guys and Sophia are here? Hey Sophia!! Hey guys?" she waved to the couch on the other side of the room, where no one was sitting.

"Other way, sweetie," Julie instructed, then Flynn waved in the other direction, getting waves from all four ghosts.

"Ok, well, now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we start working?" Luke asked.

"Yes! We're gonna rehearse. You wanna stick around?" Julie asked, turning to look at Flynn.

"I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the school dance.. but this sounds way better."

"Hey, Julie!" Carlos, Julie's little brother shouted as he ran into the studio. "Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures?" He walked right through Alex causing a strange expression to appear on his face as he looked down at the boy who was holding a picture in his hands. "I. I think they're ghosts. But don't worry. This room is. "He began to look around the room this room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies."

"Wrong again, little dude," Reggie said as the four ghosts chuckled.

"Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house." Carlos told his sister.

"Isn't Dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"There can be two." Carlos insisted while Julie and Flynn chuckled. "Dad needs all the help he can get, right?" The boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a small container.

"According to the internet, salt burns their souls out." The four ghosts glanced at each other not knowing whether to believe the words from the young boy. The brunette took a step backward unsure of what the boy would do.

"A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here," Carlos said before turning and throwing some salt towards Luke and Sophia. Luke quickly jumped backward, pulling Sophia with him, both of them. managed to escape the salt. Carlos then turned and threw some near Luke pulled his feet up onto the chair he was sitting on. Carlos then turned and flung salt at Alex's this time he managed to hit him. This caused the other ghosts to stare wide-eyed as Alex screamed, "No! Oh God, I'm.." Alex stared at his hands which seemed to be okay before standing up with a smile.