T H I R T E E N

The sounds of two guitars and a drum filled the Molina studio as the three boys practiced for their upcoming gig. They knew the song they wanted to perform but they wanted it to be absolutely perfect. Normally they would've waited for Sophia to show up but they knew she went back to see Julie dance and would be back soon.

Reggie and Luke all played the notes they had been practicing but all of their faces twisted in confusion when Alex began playing something completely different. The two guitarists stopped playing watching as

Alex let out some pent-up anger. "Alex, you all right?" Luke asked once Alex stopped playing.

"Yeah," Alex answered a little too quickly. "Yeah. Yeah, why?"

"I know it's tough, man," Reggie began his tone a little softer than normal.

"People say you never forget your first ghost. Maybe that's true. But I'm sure there will be others."

"Yeah, thanks Reg," Alex nodded.

"And, Alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, okay? I wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love," Luke told the blonde.

"I don't know, man. Sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage," Reggie smiled but then he looked back at Luke. "Like you and Sophia."

"Uh, what. what is that supposed to mean?" Luke laughed awkwardly.

"Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing. You guys ooze chemistry."

"Okay, no. I have chemistry with everyone that I sing with," Luke told the boys as he set his guitar back on its stand. Reggie and Alex gave him a look that said "really" 'causing Luke to sigh, wanting to prove his point.

"Seriously, watch."

+

"I believe, I believe that we're just one

dream," Luke began singing as he walked towards Reggie.

+

"Away from who we're meant to be. That we're standing on the edge of," Luke paused as he grabbed Reggie's face making his eyes widen. "Great."

+

"Wow, I see chemistry," Alex admitted.

"That was pretty hot," Reggie nodded, his voice a lot higher than it normally is. Luke pressed two of his fingers to his lips then put the fingers on Reggie's lips with a smirk on his face, then he walked back over to his guitar. Reggie quickly cleared his throat, "Girls. Am I right?"

"Yeah."

"No."

+

"What's up everybody?" Flynn asked, getting everyone's attention. "Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem from Julie and the Phantoms," she announced then Carlos and one of his friends opened the doors to the studio.

The crowd applauded as Julie walked out of the studio and made her way over to her piano. "Thanks for coming everyone, " Julie smiled then let out a nervous breath before she began playing the first notes on her piano.

+

"Running from the past

Tripping on the now

What is lost can be found, it's obvious"

+

The crowd cheered, making Julie's nerves just fly away as she continued to sing.

+