Chapter 1

You see her when you close your eyes

Maybe one day you'll understand why

Everything you touch surely dies

Ethan's POV

I wished I'd woken up to something different today, maybe my mom in the kitchen making everyone breakfast or to Summer in my arms again. But no instead I'd woken up to college students sprawled up on the floor and a bad headache. The scene had become a norm for every Saturday morning in the past four years of my life. I stood feeling a headache sprout in my head, tightening my shoe laces I made my way out of Matt's apartment.

We didn't really get hangovers, "we" being my "my kind" but I guess having drowned myself in alcohol didn't give me the benefit.

Making my way down the stair case many thoughts rushed through my mind, many of those thoughts being about Summer. Taking a step on to the fourth level I came into collision with someone, she had brown hair and big blue eyes, a smile etched its self on my lips and I held a hand out to help her get up.

She looked at my hand and grimaced, she refused the offer and got up on her own.

Mesmerized my hand returned back to my side. She was something else, or maybe I was just still too wasted to return to my normal state of being the egotistical jerk I was.

"So, " she said. "Are you going to apologize anytime soon or a you going to continue to just stare at me?"

I was taken aback by her rudeness but continued to smile non the less.

"I don't know" I said. "I think I'll just stare."

"Well in that case, bye" she said making her way past me, irritated I grabbed her hand I spun her around and apologized. I don't know why I did, I never did.

" I'm sorry that you ran into me fleur, but you don't have to be so rude about it." I said lifting her hand and giving it a chaste peck.

Taken aback she turned red pulling away her hand from my grip. Her eyes searched through mine a look of recognition passing through them, " Do I know you?" she said.

A cynical laugh erupted from my throat, 'know' is a word that I'd become immune to using. No one could really know anything could they? I lived a lie, I couldn't tell anyone about who I really was. So no, she couldn't have known me.

" I'm afraid not, you'll have to excuse me, I must be on my way " I said sparing her a glance before continuing my way down the stairs.

I drove home frustrated, I didn't know what that was back there.' Fleur' really? I'm Ethan Christoper I don't get all muddled up in flirtatious talks with human girls. I don't carry out actions without knowing my clear intentions.