Chapter 9

There comes you to keep me safe from harm

There comes you to take me in your armsIs it just a game?

I don't know

Andrea

I sat in his car contemplating on what to say, I didn't want anything getting awkward so I asked what seemed to be a sensible answer. " Uhm, dude so where we going" I said.

"You'll see soon" he said glancing at me and back at the road again.

I hugged my legs placing my shoes on his luxurious looking car seat and pretended to look forward but in all reality even though my body faced forward my eyes where on him. They lingered on the way he held the steering wheel to the way his eyebrows would scrunch in frustration if someone overtook him on the road. How his hair fell in to his eyes and his focus was unmoving.

"Do you like this angle, because you could take a picture" he said smiling and looking towards me.

"Keep your eyes on the road jerk, I wasn't looking at you" I said quickly to defend my self.

"You sure about that Lu?" He asked still not looking at the road.

I groaned frustrated " I'm squint okay, my eyes drift from side to side sometimes" I lied.

"Aww my own blind bat friend" he took a hand off the steering wheel and ruffled my hair only to put it back again and focus on the road. 

Friend? Was that what he considered me as, I wasn't sad I felt happy really and a smile made it's way to my lips.

His phone started ringing an  Ariana Grande song started playing.

I looked over at him with a questioning look. "What I have  a younger sister if you didn't know" he said answering the phone. I smiled, this huge teddy bear of a guy that had such a facade in at school.

" Hey Matt" he said into the phone.

"Nope sorry I won't be coming anymore but I'll see if I can make it tonight"

"Cool, bye" he said dropping the phone.

We entered the Gold Reef City park and my eyes must have lit up from that second on. This was a rollercoaster park and I've wanted to visit it for the past 18 years of my life. I looked towards Ethan after he'd finished parking and I grinned like a fool. 

"Is this what I think it is?" I said smiling for ear to ear.

"It depends what do you think it is?" He said in some trying to be flirtatious way moving his eyebrows.

"I've wanted to come here since forever, this is so cool of you Ethan thanks, really" I said smiling towards him and his face flushed red. It could be because of the aesthetic looking sunset taking place in front of us or Ethan just being embarrassed, either way I was not going to forget these rare moments. I dug out my polaroid camera snapped a picture of him while he looked for a parking spot.