Chapter 5

Go ahead and cry little girl

Nobody does it like you doI know how much it matters to you

I know that you got daddy issues

Ethan's POV

Walking out my room, Andy followed behind me. I took the longest route to the front door to avoid areas in which I thought I'd find my father. Walking past all the hallways I looked back to see her observing the paintings on the wall.

She caught my eye and quickly looked at her feet and kept walking.

I chuckled to myself, she was shy at times yet confident when offended remembering the staircase incident. For some reason I couldn't control myself around her. For one second I wanted to be myself and treat her badly but the other a soft side that I'd never experienced after all the crap that happened in my life appeared. I wanted to make her smile. Make her my friend, see her laugh, at times I'd stare into her eyes and my eyes would slowly travel down from her long lashes to her sprinkled freckles and small nose, and at last my eyes would land on her soft pink lips.

For the first time I'd felt insecure about my feelings, she was bad for me. What was she doing?

I was vulnerable.

Reaching the kitchen where I'd left her bag I saw my brother in scanning through the fridge.

"Out" I said, not wanting to deal with the asshole.

He looked towards me closing the fridge, his gaze then shifted towards Andy.

A look of disgust flushed through his face "Andrea?" Jesse said.

"Hi Jesse, how are you?" she said. Looking rather sad that she'd seen my brother.

Looking at Jesse I asked him "How do you know her?"

"She's Joshua's ex, you know Josh, Mike's older brother" He said amused. Mike was Jesse's football mate and he usually hung out at their house.

"You know Andy, I never beckoned you for a slut, I mean you just broke up with Joshua yesterday and you're already coming down from my brother's room. The king of man whores himself."

Not more than a second after he said that, I'd had my hand around his neck pinned to the kitchen wall. "Don't you ever speak like that, mom raised you right" I growled in his face before dropping the bastard. I heard him moan and drag himself to the end of the room.

Andrea just stood there shocked with glassy eyes.

Slowly standing up Jesse struggled, and looked towards me "You'd be surprised to know who Joshua's dating now Ethan, he's dating Summer, Summer Jacobs" He said.

Before he could say anymore, my hand found Andy's and I held onto her while guiding her to the door.

So many thoughts were running through my mind. Summer? Why would summer date Joshua? Oh wait, they're perfect for each other. Lying, conceited jerks. She was right though it was my fault they died. I should have suffered the worst, and at times I believe I did. I had to live with the pain of knowing I had killed. I had   ended two precious innocent lives.

Holding on tighter to Andy's hand I led her to my motorbike, tears were threatening to escape my eyes but I held them back, I had to be strong for Andy at this point. What my brother had said hurt her. And I wanted to hold her tight and tell her everything would be alright soon, I knew it would, I just didn't know how soon.

Getting on the bike she let go off my hand, I could see her debating with herself. She fiddled with the straps of her bag looking at her shoes.

I held out my hand for her and a moments later she held it and hopped on the bike. I gave her my helmet, I only had, one not being used to riding with anyone else.

She put her hands around my waist and as I started the engine she held on tighter and and placed her face in to the back of my hoodie. I smiled and headed for a coffee shop just after the highway.

Arriving at the Starbucks coffee shop Andrea looked up at me smiling.

"How did you know?" she said.

"Know what?" I said smiling back at her.

"That this is what I needed, like after everything" she said laughing.

I chuckled, "well I guess you could call me your Starbucks lover" I said winking.

Entering the shop Andy ran to the to take her order, I did the same and we both found a booth in which we sat to wait.

After getting our coffee we talked, like a normal conversation which I hadn't had in a while. We spoke about random stuff music movies and so on, just to past time and forget about the real world. Then she asked me a question that for once didn't trigger any anger.

"Who is Summer?" she said looking down at her lap and fiddling with her fingers " I mean what has she got to do with Joshua?"

I Smiled looking at her coffee cup which she had ordered as 'Hogwarts Student '.

"Summer is my ex" I said and that's all I needed to say if I didn't want to lose Andrea or end this somewhat friendship I'd made with her. I would not tell her why she is, or how, how I still have nightmares about the night she broke up with me.