How they met

Chapter 1                                                                                                                                                                         

Drop dead gorgeous, there were no other words that could summarize this man so inclusively of everything from head to........... Shoe. Drop dead, of course, having no pun intended seeing as she literally felt as though she were about to fall flat on her face. Her heart skipped a beat, maybe even two, before picking up pace. He wasn't looking at her, though. No, this was a dream, a figment of her imagination. It couldn't be. It just could not be...... And it wasn't. 

 "Shame on you, Amanda!" Lauren jeered from behind her. 

 "What are you talking about?" Amanda asked, reluctantly turning away from the direction of the stranger. 

 "I am talking about the mess that you virtually made here with all the drooling that you were doing. This is so funny. Honestly. Do you really think that he is heading this way to talk to you? With me, a size three standing here? My, aren't we a bit disillusioned? Honey that would be a one in a million chance and I am sorry to be the one to have to mention it, but have you looked in a mirror lately? You aren't anywhere close to a one in any terms." 

 "I don't know what you are talking about. I wasn't, I wasn't looking at him. I....... Why would I be looking at him?" 

 "It's so ridiculous. If I were you, I'd deny it too." Kelly smirked. Just then, the stranger stopped in front of them. 

 "Good day, ladies." Then it happened. Just like she predicted it would. He turned more to Lauren. "I was wondering if I could impede upon you for a minute, please. My friend over there would like to purchase one of those tops. Frankly, I could not care less which one she chooses, but it's taking her more time than I like. You look like an expert on the subject of clothes." He said, glancing at her from head to toe and smiling as he did so. 

 "Well, I am. Who could deny it? I'll help your friend, Mr?" 

"Michael..." 

 "Yes. I'll help your friend Michael, but is there anything that I can help you with?" 

 "Uh, no thank you. I think I found what I'm looking for already." 

 "Okay then. This should only take a moment more." She walked off to go talk to the woman, his 'Friend." 

 "Good, now that I have gotten rid of her for you. May I ask that you would be so kind as to help me find a gift for my other friend?" 

 "You sure make it seem like you have plenty of friends." She noted frankly. "Look Mr "

"Michael." 

 "Michael. I really am sorry to say this, but I am the last person you should ask for help in these matters. I mean the absolute last plus I don't work here."

 "Why is that if I may be so bold as to ask?" 

 "My taste in........... well, anything I should say runs to the extreme. I hardly doubt that anyone beside me could like anything that I pick out."