TLC's Left Eye: She's Got An Eye For Style

Sophisticate's Black Hair, July 1999

Looking unbelievably fresh for someone who just stepped off a 1:00 a.m. flight from Honduras, TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes is a bundle of energy and in the mood to get her hair done.

After just four hours of sleep, hip-hop music diva Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was good to go for her exclusive Sophisticate's Black Hair cover shoot. "I've had less hours of sleep than this," she smiles, dismissing the on-the-go schedule that's become routine for her.

Lisa, currently digging the view from atop the music charts with super trio TLC's latest CD release FanMail (LaFace Records), was positively glowing when she arrived at the photo studio. "Right now, I have a sun tan," she declares showing off the effects of the Central American sun after her week-long R&R in Honduras. "It's been a while since I really had a chance to just relax and enjoy the sun. Honduras is beautiful--with some nice waterfalls and mineral springs." Her secret for getting a radiant glow safely: "I use shea butter. I use it on my face to moisturize and it helps protect my skin from the sun. I also use 100 percent, pure aloe vera gel to help soothe sun burns."