On the TLC Tip

Known for wearing bare-as-you-dare fashions when performing, it's surprising to learn that Lisa really doesn't have to sweat it in order to work it. In fact, she once told SBH, "Working out? Not at all! It's my metabolism." But with a TLC world tour in the works, Lisa admits that lately she's a lot more active--thanks to high-voltage show rehearsals. "I've been on a health kick," admits the shapely singer, who professes that deleting dairy, sugar and meat from her diet has resulted in an energy surge.

Energy that could well come in handy amidst the buzz about Lisa's further involvement with TLC. "Actually, I said that I couldn't stand 100 percent behind the project. But I didn't say anything about leaving," points out Lisa about a magazine interview which inspired speculation about her leaving the Grammy Award-winning group. "It has a lot to do with 'politics'. There were a lot of politics involved with this project. It does not reflect on my relationships with Tionne or Chilli," says Lisa without elaboration. But in the same breath the singer also professes being pleased with the way the FanMail CD turned out and confirms that she's very happy being a part of TLC's success.

Always an enigma, and a true veteran when it comes to handling the drama that seems to gravitate towards her personal and professional life, this superstar nevertheless knows how to take care of business when the spotlight turns on. "When it's time to do something, you've got to get up, look alive," Lisa says simply, easing out of the hair chair to make her way back to the photo shoot set. "It's show time, baby! Smile for the cameras!"