Chapter 43: Precious Time, Precious People

Days have passed since Makoto, Sakura's older brother had come to Hikarizaka, much to her surprise. It was a Saturday afternoon when lunch break was in session at Hikarizaka. Sakura and Ayame were talking outside the cafeteria where the tables and chairs were at.

"So, it's not so long till Christmas is here." Ayame said.

"It seems so." Sakura replies, looking down at the table.

"Our break is going to start on the 26th, if I'm correct."

"It seems so." She says again.

"It's a bit warmer today, isn't it?" Ayame looks around the outside environment. There where snow all around the school but it felt warm for the season.

"It seems so."

Ayame faces her friend, eye brows furrowed, "Is something eating you up, or?"

"It seems so."

"Hey."

"I'm sorry. I'm in thought and all."

"Over something small."

"How would you know when you don't know what it is?"

"Because I know you. And if it isn't, then tell me what it is." Ayame leans forward, placing her elbows on the table.

"It's about this coming Christmas."

"I remain correct."

"Well, Aya-chan, sorry for caring what I want to give those close to me." Sakura mutters, waving hands around.

"I get what you mean, but you don't need to spend a fortune. Are you planning on spending your whole Christmas with the blonde?"

"Nothing like that. Just present exchanging. But for Christmas Eve. were heading to Nagisa's for her birthday."

"Her birthday is on Christmas Eve.?"

"It is. Would you like to come over to her party, too?"

"If it is okay, then sure."

"I'm sure it would. You've been a friend to her, you know?"

"Okay, I'll go."

"All right, I'll just speak to Okazaki later just to be sure. And now along with that, I have get something for Youhei, Makoto and you."

"You don't have to get me present, you know?" Ayame shook her right hand.

"Don't go saying that. You deserve a gift from me as to my two other favorite people." Sakura declares with a grin. "After all you've done to help me from back then and until now, you definitely need one."

"Then I'll give you one as well."

"Thanks for the thought."

"So what are you thinking of giving Makoto and Sunohara?"

"For some reason it isn't easy... I definitely know what to give my brother, but for some reason, it's different for Youhei. I've actually been able to remember quite a bit about him thanks to his sister."

"Don't those two share a liking of Yoshino's music?"

"Yes. But is that what I want to give to Youhei? ...Today's a half day so we should have a fair amount of time after school. I'm planning to go somewhere else with Kyou and Ryou. Want to come with us?"

"Thanks, but I'm just going to hangout with others at the club."

"Have fun."

"You know, with how you're struggling, it makes me wonder how Sunohara is doing."