Chapter 30: The Day's Liesure

Exams at Hikarizaka were over, and Summer vacation had begun. However, despite that, third-years still classes to attend to. It was Friday 7:14 in the morning. Sakura had just woken up Sunohara at his dorm and began walking to school with him.

"I'm so tired..." Sunohara yawns, with small tears dripping from his eyes.

"That's why I've been telling you to get to sleep early."

"I have been... But I'm just not used to waking up early."

"But you've told me you were going to work your hardest a few days ago."

Sunohara waved his hand back forth, "Don't worry. I am working my hardest. Besides, I passed the exams last week, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did." Sakura nodded, "Though really, you could've done better on the English test."

"Those damn complicated questions had it coming. How do they expect me to remember all that info from the long paragraph?" Sunohara said, in an exasperated tone.

"I'm not a fan of those either, but you have to work through it, you know?"

"Yeah, sure, great. Let's just go and fool around somewhere." Sunohara said, stopping in his own steps.

"Youhei, we need to go to classes." Sakura took both her hands to hold her bag, and then turned to face Sunohara.

"But it's summer vacation, you know? Didn't Makoto message you a few days ago saying to spend our youth well?

"He did. But that doesn't mean we can go skipping." Sakura walked towards him, extending her hand to him, and taking his hand, "Let's go."

"Fine, fine, I'll go." Sunohara gently removed Sakura's hand from his, "But I must say how different you are now," he grins, in a teasing manner, "It's really cute."

Sakura blushed, hearing that comment, "...Don't exaggerate things... Anyway, I just want to make sure you're with me all the way."

"Don't worry, like I said, I'm not going to make something like that happen." Sunohara placed his hand on top of her head as he said that.

"...I appreciate it." Sakura beamed at him.

Sakura had seen Sunohara actually trying to (if he was trying to at least) put effort as the classes of the day went on. For he didn't fall asleep, or stare off too much. When lunch break came, Sakura had left to the Drama Club after getting food from the cafeteria. At the club room, were her usual fellow members with an addition of Tomoyo, but with the absence of Okazaki and Sunohara.

"...This sucks." Kyou mutters, leaning her head against propped up hand, "It's summer vacation but all we're doing is studying and going to classes."

"I actually am fine with this." Kotomi says, "It means I get to study with everyone."

"And we also get to have lunch with everyone else." Ryou added in.

"The school sure feels different you know?" Sakura said, opening up the small bag that contained her bread, "Especially when there really no first, or second-year's around."

"Speaking of underclassmen..." Kyou turned to face Tomoyo who was sitting across from her, "Just why are you here?"

"I'm the Student Council President. It's my job to come to school." She replies.

"I know that! I meant why are you here even when you're not in the Drama Club?"

"Where is Okazaki? I haven't seen him today" Tomoyo asks Nagisa, seemingly ignoring Kyou's question on purpose.