Chapter Eighty-Five

A bit of gore and violence here. We're sooo damn close to the end. Medium-ish chapter. Sorry this took a while! Love you guys. -Rae

Broken glass crunched underneath Daija's boots.

In the distance, she heard another round of explosives go off, then the loud roaring of cheering protestors. She knew that henchmen were already starting to rain hell on downtown. Buildings were burning, glass was shattering, people were shouting and letting their anger be heard.

The scene had reminded her of what the inside of her head felt like for years.

As more riots broke out in other parts of downtown, officers were struggling to hold everyone back and keep things under control. The biggest number of them were stopping people from storming the city hall via the front gate. They had formed barricades, and angry crowds were throwing things, shouting insults and chanting Sean's name.

"Wanna fix that tiny problem before we split up?" Simon asked from beside her.

She scoffed and crossed her arms. "Are you sure this isn't you just wanting to make a grand entrance and show off?"

"I made a grand entrance the night we met, did I not? You should be used to this."

"You know, my troublemaker, if I wasn't burnt out and kept prisoner, I would've been the one to make the grand entrance."

"I always like to wonder what would happen if I met you during one of the base raids or just any other mission in general."

"You'd stop right in your tracks the moment you saw me," she said proudly.

"Damn right I would," he chuckled. "I mean, you saw how good you made that ridiculous suit look."

"Oh?" She laughed. "So you did like the suit."

"Don't get me wrong, my pretty hero," he smirked as his voice lowered, "It looked way better on my bedroom floor. In shreds."

Her heart raced at the memories, and she rolled her eyes as she gestured to her clothing. "I- Whatever. By the way, we can never have any repeats of that. I'm in love with this suit."

"I'm in love with it, too. Don't worry."

"Aren't we about to wreak havoc or something?" Tony asked as he approached. "Why are you two giving each other bedroom eyes?"

"Leave it to these two," Luca scoffed as he also walked up.

In the distance, an officer noticed Simon and Daija's suits, plus a few henchmen gathering around, and panickedly spoke into his walkie talkie. Within moments, a group of them with guns blocked them from moving forward.

"Back up!" One of them shouted.

"Aw, come on, guys," Austin groaned with a small, mocking smile. "We can't have a conversation without pulling out guns?"

"Freeze!"

Slowly, a smile crept on Daija's face, and Simon chuckled quietly, "Poor choice of words."

"Final warning: Just-"

Before the officer could finish his warning, Daija had flicked her hand, and in a flash, her ice and frost formed over his and the rest of their bodies, freezing them in place like statues. To them, the cold was agony, because each of them had started screaming in both discomfort and pain, though it came out muffled from the ice covering their mouths.

"What?" she asked innocently. "You told me to freeze." Then she moved her hand again, and her telekinesis flew out, flinging them to the side and out of their way completely.