5

{3rd person P.O.V.}

"C'mon Adina, you look beautiful!" Wendy exclaimed, ushering Adina out of the pool's public restroom. Adina was particularly bashful to wear this certain bathing suit. She felt exposed and as if everyone was staring at her. 

"Are you sure?" Adina fixed her hair, her brown curls draped the front of her body.

"Yes, of course!" Wendy smiled, admiring her.

"Oh my goodness Adina, you look so good!" Jessica came over to the two girl's.

"Thanks." Adina replied, letting her hands fall to the side, instead of crossing them in front of her stomach.

"C'mon, let go sit over here." Jessica pulled Adina over to the spot where Jessica and Adina would be tanning. Adina was never fond of public pool's. After she left the pool, it would make her hair frizzy and dry. It would take forever to get her hair back the way it used be.

Adina met Wendy Peffercorn and her friends when she was walking home from the tree house. They absolutely adored Adina, and asked her to go shopping with them. She agreed, and Adina soon figured out that Wendy was a lifeguard at their local public pool. Wendy bought Adina a two-piece yellow and white polka dotted swimsuit and then proceeded to ask her to join them at the pool. Adina was hesitant to even try the bikini on in the first place, especially knowing that her Dad would never let her wear such a thing if he figured out about it.

"So how are you and Jordan?" Jessica asked, glancing at the boy's around them. Adina was told that this was where the girl's would secretly "boy watch". Adina hadn't ever done that before, she wondered if her watching Benny play baseball's was considered boy watching. Adina shrugged. Jordan was a great boy, but their relationship was simply...boring.

"Good." Jessica smiled. Not a "that's great!" type of smile, a mischievous smile. A smile that Adina thought would surely get her in trouble one day.

"Have you guys kissed yet?" Jessica asked, leaning her face close to Adina's. Adina's cheeks went bright pink. Stuff like that was personal, but Jessica was Adina's friend and most people would share these types of things with their friends.

"Yeah." Adina mumbled, causing Jessica to giggled.

"Have you, you know?" Adina furrowed her eyebrows, did what? She stayed silent for a moment, trying the understand what Jessica had meant, until she realized what Jessica had meant.

"Oh my god Jessica! No way!" Adina squealed, pushing Jessica away, Jessica laughed and brushed a string of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Oh come on, you wouldn't if he asked?" Adina bit her bottom lip, quite frankly, she wouldn't. She'd probably break up with him if he even asked. They were only fourteen, it was too early ofr that sort of stuff.

"I don't know, there's this boy that I play baseball with sometimes and," Jessica gasped, interrupting Adina.

"A love triangle?!" Adina laughed.

"This is not a book your reading, Jessica, there it no love triangle." Jessica shrugged, which was her way of saying she thought otherwise.

"You wanna come to the concession with me?" Jessica asked, Adina nodded in response. The two girls walked on the hot pavement to the concession stand. It was dark blue with white stripes. Many people gathered around it, either for shade under the awning or for food and drinks.

"You want a water?" Jessica asked, pulling her beige wallet from her light yellow satchel.

"Yeah, sure." Adina said, folding her arms as the two moved forward in the line.