Page 5

Her own words drowned out by the bellowing of thunder and the rising howls of the wind and the rain beating themselves against the ragged shutters. Immediately afterward short circuiting the power in her room shutting off her lamp and leaving her in the dark. Feeling her way across the wall of the dim lit room making her way back to the bathroom and feeling her way across the sink's mantle she felt her hands land on a cylindrical shape then picked it up. With that in hand she began to fiddle through the cabinet drawers that laid under the sink... Until she pulled from it a tiny canister , which she shook it and sounds of a fluid sloshing around that could be heard from inside of it.

Rubbing her thumb across what could be assumed as the top of the canister it made a flickering sound twice before a small warm light emerged from it... Holding it over the cylindrical object that she had picked up before it illuminated the entirety of her vicinity. "Glad I prepare for things like this considering how unreliable everything is." She thought to herself as the now illuminated candle brightened her surroundings. Placing the lighter into her pocket on her dingy nightgown. She went back into the other room and made her way to the dresser where she left a piece of parchment unfolding its contents. She held the candle over it to examine its contents but it was blank.

This drove her to be even more curious, she placed the piece of parchment back onto the dresser's mantle and quickly moved back over to the bed that she just awoke from earlier and crouched underneath it to pull a chest out... Upon opening the chest. She was met with a small collection of different clothing that was roughly her size. Afterward she began to exchange the clothing inside the bin with the clothing that was on her body.

After doing so she took the lamp that was on top of the dresser's mantle and placed it into a bag that was sitting at the base of her dresser's legs. Also placed the notes as well as the envelope carefully into the front compartment pocket on the bag. Exchanging the contents in her hand and the bag , pulling out an egg white crinkly malleable swathe.. She unwrapped the cover revealing a round red substance and popped it into her mouth.

After careful preparation of the rest of her belongings she held her candle up in the air above her waist and turns to take one last glance at the room before moving towards the door that was directly next to the dresser and placing her left hand upon its partially copper carbonated knob And then quickly withdrew it from the handle as a throbbing sensation overcame her.

" Ouch , pelicibab !! "

Cautiously using the fingertips of her left hand she turned the knob and creaked open the door ...the squealing of worn metal began to echo throughout the corridor which was ladled with doors that presumably led to other rooms and at the end of the long hallway lead to two handle railings and a flight of stairs that spiral downwards.