Chapter 8

Freyja felt like an absolute princess. It was the Queen herself who showed her her very own chambers. They were grand and luxurious.

"These are yours for the duration of your stay, however long that will be. My chambers and Loki's are nearby", the Queen said, smiling knowingly. Freyja tried to mimic her elegant poise to not look like a complete bumpkin standing next to the definition of perfection but failed miserably. She was sure she would never be able to radiate the same grace the blonde woman did.

"Thank you, Your Majesty, for standing up for me back there. That was very kind. And also for these rooms. They are awesome. Really. I have never seen anything more beautiful. They are perfect!" Too much talking, Freyja. Once again.

"I am glad you like them", she said, "Now. I want to introduce you to my closest ladies. This is the Lady Kenna. She will be to your assistance whenever you shall need something. These are my ladies Aylee and Alice. You can also always come to them as well should Kenna not be available."

She looked at the three of them. Aylee and Alice were sisters, if not twins. They looked almost identical. Their dark curly hair was braided back into high buns. They wore chunky golden cuff necklaces and pastel blue dresses. The sisters were stunning to say the least. Lady Kenna also wore blue. She wore her long brunette hair down, a golden vine weaved into it.

"Hi, I am Freyja", Freyja said and smiled shyly.

The three ladies smiled back and nodded politely in response.

"I have prepared something for you to wear tonight. Kenna will help you get ready. I will see you tonight, Freyja", the Queen gave her another smile and left with Aylee and Alice.

"I will prepare your bath." Kenna curtsied and went through a golden double door where the bathroom was located.

Freyja took her chance to finally take in her new chambers properly. A big golden canopy bed stood in a circular room that had floor to ceiling windows framed by silky curtains all the way round. Another room contained a vanity, empty racks that were probably meant to hold clothing and book shelves with only a few books in them. The columns were ranked with beautiful flowers that looked like water lilies. The room also had a balcony overlooking a large garden. She knew she would spend many nights on that balcony. But her favourite part had to be the bathroom.

She entered after Kenna told her she had her bath prepared. In the middle of the room was a round raised pool that was filled with rose coloured water. The vine covered columns were also in this room. Freyja glared at the big window of her bathroom sceptically.

"Don't worry", Kenna chuckled softly, "nobody can look in. You can only look outside."

"Oh so it's like a one-way mirror like they have at police stations. That's smart."

She was sure that Kenna did not know what the hell Freyja was talking about but the Lady nodded.

She stepped closer to Freyja and started to grab the hem of her top.

"Oh!" Freyja stepped away, "It's okay. I'll do it myself."

"Are you sure you don't want my help?" Kenna seemed surprised by Freyja's reaction.

"Yes", she nodded, "I will just come out once I am done, okay? I would actually really enjoy some alone time..."

"Of course." Kenna curtsied and left the room, closing the double doors behind her.

Freyja took off her clothes and allowed herself a moment of peace and quiet in this giant bathtub for the first time today. Was it still Friday? It seemed like so much had happened in one day that at least a month had passed. Feyja took her time bathing and getting ready. She had to guess what all the creams and serums were for. The containers alone looked like they were way more expensive than all her drugstore skincare at home.