family.

I tried to fill my mom in on everything as quickly as possible but I probably sounded like a maniac.

How do I quickly sum up the fact that I think I found my twin brother and that someone as gorgeous as Harry Styles is taking me out for my birthday tonight? How does one remain calm while explaining all of this?

She quickly just told me she'd be over in ten, promising to bring along a plethora of clothes for me to try on as she knows my closet is hardly filled with options for a dinner in the presence of Harry Styles. On top of that, she ordered a lunch spread for all of us so we can talk in the privacy of my home and hopefully have things start to make sense.

I sit at my kitchen table, anticipating her presence as I texted Louis and asked if he wanted to come over for lunch in twenty minutes. He accepted my invitation without hesitation which made my heart swell as it hardly took him a moment to think it over.

It's very evident that the two of us get along really well and maybe that's telling enough that today will go well. I just don't know if he's ready for this potential news. How's he going to react? Is he going to care? Is he going to want to cut me out of his life?

I look to the clock nervously and am hardly able to catch the time before I hear the front door opening. This grabs my attention immediately as I catch sight of my mom attempting to carry in a huge pile of clothes over her arm.

"Josie James, I swear..." she starts, me immediately getting up to help her. "Next time you're going on a date, you better give me five to seven business days to plan out your outfit. I can't do this last minute cramming again."

I take some clothes off the pile and rest them on my good arm as I say, "Mom, it's not a date-- we went through this."

"It most definitely is a date, Josie. Not only did he remember that he said he'd take you out but he's actually following up with it."

I shoot her a look, considering she's certainly getting her hopes up when this dinner means nothing. Sure, I may be a little overjoyed and I may be trying extra hard to look good but that doesn't mean it means anything to him.

He probably just has nothing better to do.

"Well, you're going to be let down when nothing comes of it," I say, eyeing all the outfits my mom lays out on the table as I try not to react to them too quickly. The truth is, a lot of them look incredibly alarming as they either show too much skin, too low cut, too short, too much shoulder... all of the things I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.

"Oh please, he's head-over-heels for you."

I definitely would never use those words to describe Harry when it comes to me. After their interaction at lunch, I don't blame her for thinking this as he definitely put on an act. I would probably assume the same if I were her because he certainly knows how to put on an act. Behind closed doors, I know he's far from the person he pretended to be.

And now I have to listen to my mom try and convince me that Harry Styles could ever want anything to do with me.

"I brought a bunch of options," she says, holding up one in particular that has a deep V cut in it. "I know you're probably going to freak out but-"

"Mom, I can't wear that," I say as if it were obvious. She knows me better than to assume that this is something I'd ever wear. I've never worn anything like it in my life and tonight is not going to be the night where I change that.

"How come, Josie?" she asks, seeming bewildered by me not being into it.

"Because it's so exposing," I say, hoping I don't offend her but also wanting her to understand who she's working with here. "My whole chest will be out and I'm not comfortable with that."