𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

stella is growing up

ESTELLA WAS CURRENTLY blabbing nonsense to Rebekah who was laughing at her cuteness, while Stefan and Damon were conversing with Nik. They all seemed to be getting on very well, and actually felt like they had known each other for eternity.

Every once in a while though, Stefan would gaze sadly at Estella for some reason, but they all just brushed it off as fatherly concern and love.

They were all having fun and decided to go dance, each of them finding a partner that they would feed on after, leaving Estella with the bartender they compelled to keep her safe. They really should have worded their request better though, because when they looked back at Estella they saw her drinking out of Rebekah's cup.

She took a sip of the liquid, and scrunched up her face. And while that was cute, Stefan's dad instincts kicked in and he took the cup away from her looking her over for any injuries.

"Oh baby, you can't do that," he said like she could understand him, which she did, and the older vampires were surprised. They didn't expect Estella to understand Stefan.

"Sow dada," Estella replied, trying to say sorry.

"It's okay baby, let's get you home now though, okay?" he asked, and she nodded her head excitedly.

"Bex-bex. Bex-bex," she nodded, and he just laughed.

"You can see her tomorrow, sweetheart," he picked her up, and held her close to him as if she would disappear any second.

"Why does Stefan always look as if Estella would disappear the second he took her eyes off her?" Rebekah was the one to ask, and Damon sighed sadly.

"Stella's mother is dead, and from what I can gather Stefan was so in love with her," he said, before lowering his voice as if what he was going to say next would get him in serious trouble.

"I once caught him about to shoot himself but then he saw Estella walking so he put down the rifle and cried with her. Whoever this woman was, she was his epic love. He wrote about her in letters to me when I was fighting for-" Damon cut himself off, not wanting to dive into bad memories.

"Point is, he is really sensitive when it comes to Estella," He left a few moments later, catching up with Estella and Stefan leaving the two Mikaelsons to think over what Damon had just said.

Dear Val,

I know this might sound crazy, but Stella is growing up. Not in the way babies do, but in the way we have when we were 14 and 15 summers.

She understands me when I speak regularly, and she drank liquor not too long ago (by accident of course).

But the point is, she is becoming more and more like you everyday, and I don't know if I can ever bear to lose her.

Eventually I will tell her about what Damon and I are, but I don't know if she would want to become a vampire as it is such a monstrous thing (though I see some beauty in the gifts we have received).

I can't lose her too, because then I'd have no one left other than Damon, and because he's my brother he doesn't count.

I miss you so much, my lovely girl. Please come back to me.

Love,

Your dearest Stefan, husband of Valerie Salvatore