Proem

Gods

Gods.

How reverent that title is.

To be a God, one must ascend, and to ascend, one must be a mortal. Still, there are special beings destined for omniscience and omnipotence, born within the system of the universe, fated to be a God without needing ascension. Truly magnificent, peering through the world, mortals at their mercy.

But then again, what if the mortals who look up through the endless skies and clouds, wished to change their fates?

They could never! Like the famous phrase, "Fates interwoven, never changing," the strings that connects mortals of their kismets, were already set in stone; hiding within the universe, entangled with one after another, some short, some ashen. This is what you are, and this is what you will be.

Countless mortals thought that they could change their fates, but the change they thought they made were nothing other than the influence of it. Just a slight twist of the strings; still with the same ending.

One will just find that they could never escape the woes of the kismets. Then,

Comes an epic...

Tattled; whispered through the ears of the mortals. A mortal had managed to change her fate!

A twist? No!

She crushed it! Furious that it was nothing but a line of misery! She made it, cut it, reformed to form another string; completely and utterly, without a doubt, different to her original one. A feat worthy to make a mausoleum of her epitaph!

With an anger that shook the palace of heaven and hell, fire scorched within the land that she walked, blood engulfed the thrones of the deities. Tear fallen for a deed so heretical and horrendous, yet she succeeded.

Maybe it is stupidity or endless greed that urges one to surge a battlefield that already has a victor. But faced with despair, one may grit to extinguish its cause of misery. They called it— a 'miracle'.