Part 1

(Stevie's POV/ February 12, 2004)
Last night, me and Sara only ate burgers and fries from where I work at, I work as a waitress, I could only afford a bit at the moment..

I was offered to be a stripper for lots of money that could get me and Sara a better apartment to live in, proper food to eat, proper clothes, god..I-I don't know..but my Sara..she needs more than what we have right now..I don't matter, my baby is 6 years old, so smart, so talented.

Don wanted me to abort her but when I told him I want to keep her, he left telling me to never contact him for child support, I was furious but I didn't want to kill the baby growing inside me because this might be my last chance as a mother.

He almost did kill the baby when he threw me to the wall, I was relieved her grip was strong, I expected me to bleed but I didn't. He's abusive, I cried our whole way to our "relationship", I almost did gave up in my life knowing my parents'll be disappointed because they still don't know what happened to me to this day and I left them for this guy and got pregnant then left all the responsibilities to me, I needed help..

And when Sara was born I promised myself I'll never give up..

(Flashback when Sara was born - March 28, 1997)

"Baby Girl Nicks! Born 3:46 p.m. 28th March, 1997!"

I calmed down as I finally got her out of me, I feel so light..

And I heard my baby cry..God..thank you..this is so beautiful..

As she was placed in my chest..I didn't want it to end but they have to take her to clean her..

I wish mom was here but she have no clue, no one does..

(A few hours passed)

Sara Glenda Nicks..

Beautifully placed on my chest, well..sucking for milky..

I could never been so happy..

Naturally a dark brunette like Mommy..

I'm so happy my baby is healthy, that's all I'm wishing for and she's healthy..

"I promise you Sara Glenda, I'll protect you and take care of you.."

And still no sign of Henley, don't ever come back to me..

But again, I'm scared, I'm only 22..

(End of flashback)

I wanted to be a singer, I was when I met Don, I made 3x money that could get me and Sara a lot of things that we need if I never quit because of him.

I wish, I didn't meet him but if I didn't I wouldn't be blessed with my baby..

As I write all of these down in my head, I am laid down with Sara, cuddling onto my stomach, asleep, god..how many years did it take to grow her this big..I'm so proud of myself..

I drifted asleep as a stare at those paper flowers I made 3 years ago when Sara was 2 going 3, I'm happy, not really, but I am.