Nine

The door burst open again and I saw Andria rushing to her feet.

"Are you okay?" She asked as soon as she reached my bed. Medyo hinihingal pa siya marahil sa pagmamadali.

"Okay lang naman ako." I answered, looking at her. She sighed in relief.

"Mabuti naman." She said more. My brows creased as I watched her sit on the chair.

"Bakit?" She fixed her breathing first before talking again.

"The guard went to our quarters. Ginising ako dahil may kailangan ka raw." Panimula niya.

"Ah. I was thirsty kasi pero naisip ko na tulog ka na kaya ako nalang ang pumunta sa kitchen." Tumingin siya sa akin.

"Ayos lang naman kung tatawagin mo ako. It is my job to attend to your needs. I was clearly advised to fulfill my duties at all times. " She explained. I suddenly felt bad. Was she scolded by that man?

"Okay." Sagot ko nalang. She gave me a small smile and heaved a deep breath again.

"Do you need anything else? Masakit pa ba ang binti mo?"

"I'm good. Medyo okay na rin ang right leg ko. Actually, I can walk na ng mabagal."

"Good to hear that. Mga ilaw araw nalang siguro at makakalakad ka na ulit ng maayos." I smiled.

"Magpahinga ka na. Inaantok na rin ako. Sorry kung naistorbo ka pa pero ayos na naman ako."

"Are you sure?" I nodded. Ngumiti rin siya. "Sige. Basta tawagin mo lang if you need anything."

"Good night." She walked out of my room after saying Good Night as well. I let out a heavy breath and stared at the ceiling. The face of that man came across my mind. Now, I know his name but I still do not know who he is in this place. Why did the guards bow at him?

***

"I am going to take her to the garden. I have the permission of Mr. Alsan." I heard from the other side of the door of my room. I turned my head towards it and tried to listen.

"I will ask him by myself." One man told.

I sighed and looked back at the scenery outside the window. Walang ibang makikita sa loob ng kwarto kaya palagi lang ako nakatingin sa labas. I am like a damsel in distress stuck inside the tower. This is far from my usual morning before. I used to wake up at 4 AM, get ready to jog around the village, stop at the park, go back to my place when the sun rose, and prepare a healthy breakfast. My every day was so productive. I am not used to waking up late, much more to simply staring blankly at nothing for the whole time.

Kailan ba ako makakaalis sa lugar na ito?

"Good morning." Andria greeted with a smile on her face. I moved my head to greet her as well.

"Good morning." And I forced myself to give her a smile. At least I have someone who I can talk to like a normal. Parang kasing robot ang mga tao.

"Nakakainis yung mga guards. Nakikipagtalo pa sa akin. " She whined as she helped me stand.

"Narinig ko nga. Ano ba'ng nangyari?"

"They didn't want to believe me that I have permission from the Boss to take you outside." I focused my full attention on her as soon as I heard the word outside. I was gawking at her like a child with excitement in my eyes.

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

"Sa garden. Maganda ang garden dito. It is like a different place in the earth." My face lighted up more. Finally, I will get to see a real environment.