Eleven

I tried to see the insides of the room while remained on standing in the doorway. The light was dimmed, and I couldn't clearly see the entire place.

"Please get inside." I was told by the guard as he ushered me to step in. I glanced at him, quickly but complied. As soon as I was inside, he shut the door. I panicked but instructed myself to calm down.

I have no idea why I am here. What does the Boss want from me? I am also uncomfortable with the dress I am wearing. It is too revealing unless they intend to do explicit things with me. I shivered in fear. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to escape from this place. It feels like I am in a life-and-death situation. It's either I will stay here, let them do whatever they want to do to me or I will die.

I rubbed my bare arms. I want to see Mom and Dad. I want to be with them.

I almost jumped when the door opened. I alerted myself and turned around to see the person coming in.
He was a man, a chef, I thought, based on the uniform was wearing. I stepped on the side as he made his way, pushing a food trolley. He didn't speak or look at me. He only placed the food and did the table. He immediately left after he was done.

Bakit may pagkain? Is this for a negotiation? Negotiation for what?

Or he wants me to entertain him and eventually get me to his bed?

I shudder at the thought.

Kaya ba ganito ang pinasuot sa akin?

Oh my god!

I walked to the door and tried to open it but it was lock on the outside. Mas lalo akong kinabahan. I tried so hard pero hindi ko talaga mabuksan. Alam ko na nasa labas lang ang lalaki na naghatid sa akin dito at hindi siya lang ako pinapansin.

Pinilit ko nalang na pakalmahin ang sarili ko.

If that's what they want to do with me,

I kept on standing on one side, still waiting for the Boss they were talking about. I stood and just stared at the paintings hanging on the wall. I counted the time passing by. The hands of the clock struck at 8:30 PM, my feet were already aching.

I sighed in frustration. I'm tired and hungry. Pinaghihintay lang ata ako sa wala.

I tried to walk out and to go back to my room but the door was locked.

I mentally cursed. These people, ano ba talaga ang kailangan nila sa akin?

I just pulled one chair and took a seat. I also filled my plate with the food on the table and even poured some wine. If they will only make me wait, I should at least make myself full.

Good thing, everything the chef prepared was savory. Even the wine was so great that I almost empty a bottle.

I sighed as I looked at the glass in my hand. I grabbed the bottle of wine and poured the remaining contents. I stood and walked towards the balcony.

Why does my room have no balcony? I asked myself. I wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol but my eyes felt heavy. Still, I continued having my drinks and talking to myself.

Bigla nalang tumulo ang mga luha ko. Sobrang lungkot ko. Miss na miss ko na sila Mommy. Panigurado sobrang nagaalala na si Dad sa akin.

Mommy. Dad.

Nandito lang naman ako sa Pilipinas pero bakit ang hirap. Bakit wala akong magawa? Ayoko nawalan Ng pagasa na makaalis dito Pero hindi ko na alam kung paano.

All I could do was cry and pray to God na tulungan ako.

***

He sighed in frustration and unbuttoned the collar of his shirt before opening the door of his room.