♡ maru nawaru ♡

"another day, another boring class." yatora sighed, pulling out one of his cigarette and light it up. smoke scatters around the classroom but do he cares? nope, not at all.

he is a student with remarkably high grades despite his delinquent lifestyle. people are wondering how can he be someone with both E and A class personality.

"oi, yatora. i dont want to suffer with lung cancer. go smoke somewhere else." umino, a short, healthy girl approached him, telling him to go away.

"make me" yatora smirks, making umino rolled eyes loudly.

"tomorrow, we will be assessing your art. you may draw your favourite scenery and hand it in by 12.00pm." masako sensei, an art teacher and an advisor of the art club. she also runs art courses outside of school for children.

"favourite scenery. what's up with that childish topic?" yatora speaks to himself.

"favourite scenery? i might just draw my girlfriend's boobs! hahahahaha!" says sumida recklessly, gathering all the girls' attention to give the death stares towards him.

another weird guy, with a name that doesn't suit his personality.

*for context : the name sumida means pure, clean, simple.

"sumida! that's not how you supposed to talk when you're around girls." here we go again. umino slams the table, gladly it doesnt make a loud noise.

"s-sorry umino-san".

_________

"what should i draw and why should i?" yatora monologue as he's walking in the hallway. the cigarette in his hand is crumbled, he's looking up at the blue sky through the window.

suddenly...

dush!!

someone bumps into him, making him treads two-three steps forward, trying to keep the balance to prevent him fall to the ground.

"itaaa~" someone is at his chest's height is rubbing her nose, with a brunette ponytailed hair, looking up at him blinking eyes multiple times when she sees yatora standing two times her height.

all of her painting brushes fell scattered on the ground.

"u-uh.." yatora rubs the back of his neck, not knowing what to say either.

yatora's POV

well...she's the one who runs into me. why would i apologize.

"s-sorry! it won't happen again! please don't kill me! although i've been wanted to die, i still have my parents!" she bows 360° multiple times in max speed towards me, not to mention her loud voice that can be heard every nook and cranny.

"no, it's okay but shhhh..lower down your voice. people are looking."

"sorry..." blushes, she kneels down to pick up her painting brushes, it's all came in different sizes.

"you do the painting?" i asked, breaking the silence as i can't stand an awkwardness like this.

she nods, "i'm in the art club" while still picking up the brushes quickly. maybe she's running late to the club meeting.

"that flat thing look heavy on you, i can carry it for you." offering help to this tiny girl.

well, it's not like i really wanted to help her, i kinda want to take a look of how the art club is as i'm still clueless of what to draw for tomorrow's assessment.

"nevermind, i can carry it by myself." she refused.

nope, i need to find an excuse to take a sneak peak of the art class. maybe i can mimic one's art and submit it tomorrow.

i ignored her refusal and grabbed that flat thing she's carrying on her side, hold in on my back. "let's go."

"uh..okay..." the girl is still blushing. i can see a crimson coloured appeared on both of her cheeks. perhaps she's too embarrassed that she bumps into a stranger.

the finally takes the lead with me at the back following her to the art club.

her hair looks silky..

__________

"no one's here yet? i thought you were late." yatora looks around, seeing nobody is in the room.

"oh...we don't have a club meeting today." she places the brushes on a table. "oh, thank you for helping me carrying the canvas....uh..eto~"

"yatora yaguchi, a second year." yatora told her his name, loud enough so she can hear clearly.

"...yaguchi-kun" she held out his hand, a sign of wanting a handshake with her head tilted along with a sweet smile etched on the face.

"maru nawaru, second year student too." that was the name she told him.

yatora greeted the girl's handshake warmly. "maru? could you be..."

"ahh- yes. you're right. mori is my sister. how did you know her?"

maru mori, a third year and a former art club member. is nawaru's older sister.

"uhm..i just happened to see her angels painting on a big canvas the other day."

just yatora being honest.

"...and, if there's no club meeting, why are you here?" yatora asked, out of curiousity. he just wants to take a look at others' art as an inspiration but there's no one. looking around again, not even one's art work being hanged on the wall for display. he sighes.

"i just wanted to paint. it's therapeutic." she smiles, begins placing the canva on the stand.

"can i watch you?"

nawaru's POV

why is he not leaving... i'm trying to find my peace here.

what should i reply?  maybe "yes you can." shimatta~ did i just say it out loud? let's just hope he couldn't see me facepalming myself here.

"thanks." he immediately takes a seat behind me, i didn't know a thug-looking guy like him can be into art. perhaps i shouldnt judge a book by it's cover.

"is it okay for you to stay? you're going to be late for lunch. your mother must be waiting." deep down i just wanted him to leave, why did i said he can stay just now?

i hate it when my mouth runs before my brain does. neither of them are linked most of the time.

he looks at his watch, it's quarter after five. "i'll just let my mother know then." he takes out his cellphone. seems like he's texting his mother.

sheesh...this guy i barely know just won't leave.

_________
this is my first fanfic.

im sorry if i couldnt reach your expectation for the upcoming chapters, but i promise i'll try my best.

dont forget to click on the ★ button :) thanks!