♡ unravel ♡

at school, the next day

nawaru's POV

i attended school today intending to escape over the day before. why would someone like hashida be attracted for somebody like me? me? we do not even belong to each other and he's far greater than me! that's just absurd.

as i was babbling in my mind, i noticed a 4x4 folded piece of paper sliding out of the locker just when i picked up a pair of shoes from it. nah, what is it this time, it seems to be a letter from someone. i adjusted the back of my seifuku skirt carefully and knelt to pick up the letter.

i saw yaguchi passes behind me out from the corner of my eye, making me to refuse to view the contents first. what is he doing here, oh lawd? my heart is still bleeding even just from seeing his silhouette, so i hurried back to the classroom.

i unfolded the paper after leaning my back on a chair in the classroom. ah- it turns out to be from just yuka. funny how i was under the impression that i had a secret admirer at school. i was relieved, even though slightly disappointed. well, haha even though it is impossible for me to have someone to like me, it is no harm for me to daydream, right?

____

ナワルちゃん、一緒に食べましょう? (nawaru-chan, let's eat together again?)

鮎川龍二 (ayukawa ryuuji)

____

i'm always cool with it if it's from yuka-chan. she must be missing me. today, by chance, i made more than one bentos. my idea was to have another round of bento around the end of the school day since i am going to stay after and try to paint again. this is because, upon receiving the observant hashida's thoughts yesterday, i started questioning just what exactly my goal is in advancing further in this field. the instant flashback of his phrase, 'don't you think you fell out of love from art because you find no purpose in doing so anymore?'  maybe he's right.

the clock begins ticking away till the long-awaited recess hour comes; the bell finally chimed, but apparently my class ended a tad late owing to the teacher's grumpiness. i disregard the teacher's fussing, which had taken up a ton of our time because in the edge of my mind, i also wanted to meet yuka and vent about everything that had happened. i bottled up so much that it grows too much for me to endure. so, as soon as the grumpy-pants teacher let us all out for our lunch, i leap up and left the classroom, making a beeline to the art room - our regular hangout spot.

'bamm!'

i slam the door open as soon as i step in the room due to the fact that i couldn't afford to wait to meet yuka. i'm hoping to be welcomed by yuka, but my expectations are misplaced. both heads turned to glance at me with twinkling eyes when they heard my sudden gesture of banging open the door.

seems like my neighborhood is missing its idiot. me.

the screams of crickets and cicadas are filling the atmosphere. i need to think of what i should do next. it's a choice between running back to the classroom or heading back home. plan B! plan B! i stand stiffly on the doorway, meeting their stare with a face flushed with humiliation. 'good, nawaru. no sign of intelligence and dignity.'

"maru...-san.." yaguchi says my name without breaking the sight. he is sitting with yuka and they were conversing while sketching stuffs just now before i barged in.

"y-yes?" i reply in reaction to his call. my mind promptly goes numb. i want to get out of here as fast as humanly possible. aarrghhh, first, i performed an unladylike behavior, and then i was greeted by someone i sought to avoid. wreak havoc!