Prolouge

Violet's POV

Our names were echoing into the forest. I couldn't see him, and I don't think he could see me. It made me terrified. I wanted to know he was safe.

The empty trees zooming past me, their branches barley scratching me. I was afraid I was easy to be followed by the tracks I was leaving in the snow.

My breath was at a steady pace, trying to run faster and faster every time someone called my name. They were fast, but I was faster.

"Violet!" A different voice called, then I realized it was him.

I was running towards the voice. It sounded so far away, I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to reach him before they do.

It was like a race- I wasn't the only one reaching for him, but I had to make sure I had him. I had to make sure he was safe.

"Violet! Please!" He called, and my feet went a little faster, carrying me closer and closer to him.

My body ached, not only from my running but the temperature that was slowly dropping, making it colder and harder to run.

The snow on my feet was getting deeper, it was making it impossible to run fast.

Please don't stop calling my name, I thought, I can't loose you too.

I felt my body shaking, I was pushing myself to the fastest I could run, but I couldn't do it anymore. I stopped running, catching my breath.

"Violet!" He screamed, and I knew I was getting closer.

I could hear them behind me. Their thick boots stomping on the ground, and the items attached to their belts clinked with every step. They weren't far behind, and I could tell I had no time to waste.

With full speed, I ran towards him. Every step making me closer to him, hugging him, telling him that I will be there with you, because I wouldn't be anything without him.

I looked back, staring at the cloud of people that were forming. They were gaining more and more people as I watched, and I couldn't take it anymore. I looked away, and I collided- shoulder first- into the person's stomach.

We both went flying backwards, landing hard on the tree, knocking the wind out of the person. I looked, and I sighed.

"Hayes." I said with relief, wrapping my arms around him. "I thought...I thought you were..."

"Me too." He said smiling, and hugged me back.

Multiple sets of hands pulled me away from him, separating us. We were both reaching for each other, begging them to let go. We needed each other, craved each other, but we couldn't even brush our fingers together with the small space separating us. They were pulling us further away.

"Hey! Don't touch her!" They were holding him down. He was trying so hard, struggling to get back up. "Let her go!"

"Hayes Grier you have the right to remain silent..." The officer went on to arresting him. I knew they were leading him to death.

"Stop! Please!" I begged, with tears in my eyes.

"Anything you will say can and will be used-" They were taking me away, taking me away from him.

"No! Stop, please! Hayes!" I yelled, his name echoing into the forest, the birds chirping and flying away. He was so far away, and this time I couldn't reach him. I couldn't keep him safe.

"Stop let her go!" He yelled. "Violet! I love you!" He confessed, and they were pulling me forward while I was pushing myself backwards.

He said it, over and over again. I tried to say it back, but it was no use. He was gone, taken away.

I'd forget about him. He'd forget about me. I didn't want to be forgotten.

~.~
A/N: small intro for you.
Hey guys, I'm Jules and this fanfic is called Forgotten. It's a Hayes Grier one and I hope you like it! It's an AU, which stands for alternate universe. In this case, if you didn't know, Hayes isn't actually a murderer in real life. Magcon and Vine, do not exist. He isn't "famous" in this story because he's a Viner.
Make sure you check out my other stories too:
Savior; Hayes Grier
In My Bones (sequel to Savior)
Heroism// Cameron Dallas

Forgotten is going to be completely different from all three books. So many twists and turns and plots twists. I hope you enjoy ;)

So yeah, thank you! I love you all and thanks for reading! (And if you didn't know, I also end my chapters notes like this all the time)

WARNING: THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN VIOLENCE, SEXUAL CONTENT, AND POSSIBLY OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK BUT PLEASE ENJOY

Disclaimer: just to let you know, all the quotes Violet puts in her journal are not mine. They are from an Instagram account called "sadquotespage" and you should really check them out. Otherwise, the haiku poems are mine, I made them up.

Also, all characters are made up besides Hayes and his family. Everything else is pretty much coincidental.

Anyways, ENJOY THE BOOK!