Twenty-Nine

Violet's POV

His lips were now millimeters away, one slight move and they could be touching in a second.

He pressed his lips down on mine, a shiver went through me and it wasn't because of the temperature outside. His hands were holding my arms, pulling me closer to him.

Our chests would be touching and somehow we'd fine a way to pull closed to each other.

He put pressure on my lips, and let our a soft groan as he moved his hands from my arms and to my lower back. My lips melted against his, we were craving each other.

I pulled away, in the back of my mind some thoughts told me he wasn't being completely honest with me.

I shouldn't be enjoying this too much.

He made me look at him, lifting my chin up with his finger.

"Why'd you stop?" He said, kind of hurt. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I...nothing." I sighed.

We stood there awkwardly, I was looking down at the ground at embarrassment. We just kissed, and I stopped it because I thought that he wasn't being honest.

"We should go back to the tent." Hayes broke the awkward silence, and I nodded.

I had no idea how I felt at this point. Right now, I just wanted to be close to him. I knew he could protect me, and help me.

This isn't him. He isn't the killer. He can't be.

Hayes was ahead, we were almost back at the tent. He grabbed some wood and started to make a fire, while I sat on the ground and watched.

"Let's wait up tonight. Maybe we can see the Northern Lights." Hayes grinned.

"I'd love that." I smiled.

When he got the fire going, he sat down next to me, and let out a big sigh.

"Oh yeah," he reached behind me to grab his backpack. He brought out a blanket, and wrapped it around me first, then around him. "It's getting cold anyways."

I looked up at the sky, and the sunset was almost over. It was that small moment between the end of the sunset and the beginning of night.

I felt Hayes's fingers intertwine with mine, which made me stare at him and he was staring back. We gave each other this look that said, "hey, let's finish what we started."

We were leaning in again, but this time it was more soft, like I was his and he was mine, we have nothing to worry about. His kiss made me worry less.

He laid me down this time, making sure he didn't break the kiss. He wasn't on top of me, I was more on his right side and he was on the left and he was just leaning down to kiss me.

It was like we were made for each other, no matter how cliché it sounded. It wasn't like kissing Jake. It was like I didn't want to kiss anyone else.

We pulled away, his hand still in mine. I was still lying down and he laid down next to me.

We looked up at the sky. We didn't see the Northern Lights yet, but we saw the bright stars.

To me, being next to him and staring up at the sky was all I needed.

~~

Anonymous POV

He stared at me with his bright blue eyes.

"Are you kidding me? We could've had them arrested, Hayes could've been dead by now!" He yelled.

"Do you really care?" I mumbled. "We know you care about Hayes, okay? All I want to know is how the hell Violet is still alive right now."

"We have to do it. Now." His voice boomed.

"No. Not yet. They're in Alaska, right?" I asked, and he nodded.

"So what?"

"So we wait. We'll let them have their fun." I smirked. "They have to come back, sometime. Hayes can't handle himself out there. He'll need it."

"I know, but-"

"Don't. Doubt me. I know what I'm doing." I huffed. "Everything will happen in time."

"It's taking too long." He mumbled.

"Hey!" I screamed out of annoyance. "You've trusted me this long. Wait, okay?"

There was a long silence before he answered again. Then he sighed.

"Alright. Fine." He said. "At least let me hurt them when they get back." He rolled his eyes.

"Trust me, they'll already be hurt when they come back." I laughed. "Some more than others."

"You just have to be patient, Grier. You just have to be patient." I continued.

~.~
A/N: I FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG BECAUSE OF STUPID SCHOOL WORK AND THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY SHORT I KNOW BUT I PROMISE YOU I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU I
SWEAR.

But hey, at least you got a Violet and Hayes kiss. TWO TIMES!

How are you guys? How was your day? My day was pretty great.

Now is the time of the author's note for the Q&A!

1.) favorite item in your room?
A: record player.

2.) what's your morning routine?
A: I drag myself out of bed, wash my face/brush my teeth, go back to my room to get dressed, (usually) straighten hair but sometimes I wear braids overnight and it makes my hair wavy, and then I put on moisturizer and I'm ready to go.

3.) how was your Halloween?
A: mine was pretty good. Candy, parties, blah blah blah. Hope you guys had a safe one!

SSOTD: Talk Me Down by Troye Sivan

THANKS FOR READING! LOVE YOU GUYS ALWAYS!