Fifteen

Violet's POV

When I woke up, I was on a bed, when I fully remember that I agreed to sleep on the couch.

I sighed, already annoyed at Hayes for what happened last night. How could you even sell drugs?

The room was completely dark when I realized that there was no windows in here. I got out of bed and walked towards the door.

When I opened it, Hayes was still on the couch, asleep. I decided to make breakfast, cracking a few eggs and turning on the stove.

"What's for breakfast?" Hayes asked, his voice raspy and deep.

"Uh...eggs and bacon." I answered, and he smiled.

"Sounds good." He walked over to me and touched my arm, but out of panic I pulled my arm away.

"Yeah." I said, walking over to the other side of the kitchen and getting the bacon. I saw his expression fall.

Honestly, I felt horrible. I felt like I need to hate him, but some part of me thought he didn't deserve that.

"Okay, I need answers." I said, turning to face him. He looked up at me.

"Uh, okay..." He mumbled, sitting down in a chair in front of the kitchen table.

"When did you start?" I asked.

"Start what?"

"Everything."

"Man, where do I start." He said. "I guess I should start with Nash. We were best friends, even though he's my brother. Sure, we fight a lot but he's still my brother." He said, and I nodded.

"Anyways, he introduced me to drugs. I never got addicted to anything else besides weed because I never tried anything else." He said.

"But drugs are easy to find. I know people and they give them to me, thinking I'll smoke or inhale or whatever the fuck you do with drugs." He sighed. "I get them and sell them for a better price."

"Well, weed's still bad for you." I huffed, sitting in front of him.

"Right. Anyways, I started breaking into people's houses because I was hanging out with Nash and his friends, you know, Cam's gang, and we just break into people's houses. At first I was scared out of my mind, but now it's fun for me, and I don't know...I.."

"Yeah, okay Hayes. You can stop now" I interrupted. "Thanks."

"S-sure." He mumbled, and I continued to cook.

~~

Hayes's POV

The way she practically winced when I touched her, made my heart stop- and not in the good kind of way.

Maybe I was right about her, maybe she does think I'm a monster. That look she gave me when I touched her was unforgettable.

I was sitting on the couch, getting off from calling someone from my grandparent's old phone. He was my friend, Alec. He was going to help us on this trip to Alaska.

When she goes to sleep, that's when I read her journal entries. Usually, it's mostly poems or drawings. I even saw a picture of my bike.

When I got deeper into the book, it talks about flashbacks of her and Amanda.

It was like she didn't want to forget about them, so she writes all of it down.

There was one when they were wishing on a shooting star, and this guy, Nate, and her neighbor, Hannah asked what they wished for. She wished for an adventure, because that's what Amanda wanted. I wish I knew what she wanted.

Sometimes she leave quotes around the papers. They were heartbroken, and sad. It made me wonder if she had an ex-boyfriend, or something.

Was I the answer to all her questions? I didn't want to answer them, because if I do, she'll leave, and I'll be alone.

"Hey, Hayes?" I heard Violet call from my room.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Uh...so you know how I wanted you to take me to Alaska? When is that happening?" She asked, and she appeared in the living room.

"Well we're leaving by the end of this week. It's only Wednesday, Violet." I reminded her.

"Yeah...I know." She joined me on the couch.

"Are you scared of me?" I blurted out, instantly regretting it.

"What?" She said, surprisingly.

"Are...are you scared of me?" I asked.

"You're not a scary person, Hayes." She said. "I just don't trust you."

"Come on, I can be trustworthy." I defended.

"Really?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah..." I said, and she laughed.

"Right." She said, and I put a hand to my heart, pretending I was hurt.

"That really hurts, Violet." I said, and she laughed again. I love it when she laughs, especially when I make her.

She walked to the bathroom, and I heard the water run, signaling that she could be taking a shower.

Someone knocked on my door, and I looked out the window to see who it was. It was Gilinsky, so I answered it.

"Hey." His smile greeted me. He was like my best friend.

"Hey. It's just you?" I asked, and he nodded.

"I just came by with information." He said. "My uncle, the forest ranger, is coming by tomorrow to look at the house."

"How...how do you know that?" I asked.

"Well he is my uncle. He'll be coming at three, so be out or whatever until then." He said, and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said, as he got up to leave.

"Is someone else here with you?" He asked, obviously hearing the sound of the shower running.

"Uh, yeah." I answered. I was still unsure if I should tell anyone about Violet, but if I could trust anyone, it'd be him.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you around then." Jack waved goodbye, and he was out just as fast as he entered.

I realized the sun was going to set soon, and I decided to light the candles early.

I went around the room, lighting them, and as soon as I was done, Violet came out of the bathroom.

"Is it okay if I sleep in your room?" She asked, and I nodded. She shut the door behind her.

I waited until the sun was down, so that I could read her journal.

Quietly, I walked into my room, and retrieved the journal from her duffle bag. It was always hidden under a pile of clothes, which made me laugh.

Oh, Violet. You have to do more than that to hide something from me.

I opened to the bookmark that was left on a page, and it was a simple quote, on the top of the corner.

"You would take him back in a heartbeat if he asked you to. That's the fucking problem. That's what keeps you from moving on. - v.s 12:47 a.m., 12/04"

~.~
A/N: what do you guys think all the quotes are about?
HELLO GUYS HOW ARE YOU! I have to finish my school work omg, and I haven't eaten dinner because my family sucks :)
ANYWAYS I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

SSOTD: Young God by Halsey

LOVE YOU GUYS AND THANKS FOR READING!