Chapter Nineteen: The Book Part One

(Peeta's POV)

I hold onto a shaking Willow as Prim tends to her unconscious older sister.

Now, Katniss is laying there, still unconscious, with ice on her back and painkillers in her system.

Willow sits on my lap, in tears over the entire situation.

Prim comes back down, holding onto Rye. "How's Willow?"

"Not so good. But she's not even in school yet. She can't understand these things yet, like how Gale almost killed you, how Katniss and I were half-dead twice in a row, and how Finnick was killed."

Katniss wakes up and groans. "Peeta, how did you even handle this in the Capitol?"

"I couldn't. He used a larger whip than Gale did."

"Mr. Mellark! Don't you dare talk about that in front of your five-year-old daughter!" Prim snaps at me.

I see that Willow is looking at me scared. "I'm sorry baby girl. I'll tell it all to you when you grow."

She nods. "Katniss, I'm sorry, but I want to show Willow a bit of the book."

Katniss and I made a book of those we lost and loved. I left out my mother because she never loved me and I never loved her. Prim is in there, but that was before we knew she was actually still alive. Finnick is in there, and I'm adding Madge sooner or later.

"Okay," Katniss says and I stand up with Willow against my side.

"Daddy, what's the book?" Willow asks.

"You'll see."

We get to my art studio and I almost immediately find it.

I bring her to her room and sit down with her on her bed.

"Mommy and I made it. It has pictures of people you've never met and probably never will. It has your uncles Ryan and Brandon and your grandpa. It has your uncle Finnick and will soon have Mommy's old friend Madge."

I open it and it reads: "Katniss and Peeta Mellark. Memory Book First Made Year: 2230."

Above it, there's a picture of us on our wedding day. Katniss's stomach is large since she was four months pregnant with Willow at the time.

"Why did Mommy have a big belly, Daddy?"

"You were growing in there, baby girl. Five months before you were born."

My daughter's face lights up. "I was growing in there?"

"Yes you were. You're also in this book."

I turn the page and there she is on the day she was born.

"Is that me, Daddy?" Willow asks pointing to the picture.

"Yes."

The picture is titled "Willow Primrose Mellark. Born November 26th, 2230."

The caption reads, in my handwriting: "My daughter was born the other day. She is my pride and joy. Her name is Willow because of the Valley Song Katniss sang to Rue in the 74th Hunger Games. Primrose because of her sister who was the most important person in her life before it was just me. I took her to the bakery today and Caleb called her a creature. If anything, that's me. I can't help it, though. Anyways....I just hope my daughter won't have to be raised in an environment like that. I love her too much. Signing out once again, Peeta Mellark."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

So that was sweet wasn't it? 😊

I love Peeta.

Anyways......tomorrow I'm starting Spring Break until Tuesday, my bestie's birthday. The eighth graders will be testing then and then us (the seventh graders).

BYEEEEEEE