Chapter 2-Before Grisildine

I walked into class and a group of boys made a circle behind me. I leaned against the wall, watching them. I almost laughed as kids tried to guess the kids middle name. I could figure it out in two minutes. I didn't want anyone to know that, of course, because they might react the same way my parents did.
I watch quietly as a group of kids talk. A boy shouts, "Yeah! I told you you would never guess my middle name!" More kids crowd around him, ooing and ahhing. The boy sees me. "Hey, you! Guess my middle name." The kids watch my every move. There is tension in the air. The boy studies me. "I'll give you ten minutes to figure it out." My heart rate goes up. Should I do it? I've never done anything like this before. Suddenly, my mouth blurts out, "Make it two minutes." I say. Darn it all. Why did I say that? I just ruined everything. I don't want to be known as the competitive one. I don't want to be known as anyone. Then they'd find out. Then they'd know.
Everyone ooos. The boy smiles. "Done." He says. I close my eyes and look at the information pouring into my brain. Hmmm....let's see.....favorite color, blue, favorite food, burrito.........he loves some girl named Jana........oh! Here it is! *chuckle* he's going to be so embarrassed. "So?" The boy asks. I open my eyes. "Your middle name is Elle." Everyone laughs. A few snicker. The boy is blushing so badly his face looks like a tomato. He asks me, "How did you know?" What am I supposed to say? I have the power of knowing everything about everyone? Uh no. They would laugh at me. But then again, that might be better.
I'll just be the shy girl. I stare at them for a moment, and then look away, ducking behind them. "I have to go to school." They giggle. One whispers, "Doesn't she know school's over?" The boy snickers and says, "Geek." I run off as their laughter fades away. When I'm a safe distance away, I close my eyes and mentally scan everyone. Hmm....hates shy people...no.......loves shy people....no.....scared of shy people....no.....hates pandas.....NO!........friendly, popular......no.......understanding.....yes. Understanding is what I need. I don't bother to check out any more of her profile, and walk over to her after opening my eyes. She is relaxing in the sun, and wearing a short, black see-through skirt, a black shirt with a black leather jacket, black combat boots, and her hair is dyed black. Her eyes are a dark brown.
She hears me, and glances over her shoulder. "My name's Grisillda. Yours?" "L-Lilyanna." I reply hastily. "Pretty name." She comments. "Yours too." I say. Grisillda looks me over. "That dark blue sweater does not look good with your blond hair. And those black pants do not look good with that beautiful green eyes. And those shoes...." Grisillda shook her head with distaste. She looked me in the eyes. "Let me make you look fashionable." I stared at her for a moment. Then I nodded. If this was what I had to do to get a friend, I'd do it. "Okay." Grisillda smiled. "So...want to be friends?" Perfect.Just what I was going for. I wanted to scream, "Yes!" But instead I shrugged and said, "Okay. I guess."