4. Mind

Everyone in class 1-A was chattering about the newcomers and where they came from. 

"Kimchi is kinda cool. Reckless and childish, yeah, but cool." Denki said.

"Kimchi isn't even his name. The coward." Bakugou commented.

"Yeah, I've never seen someone realize that they're close to being incinerated and just keep going." Kirishima said. "Ballsy, but manly as hell."

"Did you see that hottie that fell on Kirishima? He was sooo pretty." Mina said.

"Finally, another grape..." Mineta mumbled. "I wonder what he thinks about watching girls change.." 

Asui gave Mineta a glare, then said, "Well, I hope the other guy is friendly. Kimchi called him "Shumai", I think."

"Aww, what a cute nickname!" Ochako said with a smile.

"You know, something about them is off." Tokoyami said. "Did you notice? Kimchi corrected himself when talking about the size of his class. I believe he was about to say sixteen."

"Woah, now I'm wondering if something happened." Jirou said.

Midoriya quietly listened to his classmates, mumbling about ultimates. "....Can there be an ultimate hero? What about an ultimate villain? If Kimchi is the ultimate supreme leader, then what did he do to get that title? What is the mysterious "Shumai"'s ultimate talent? Can there be an ultimate police officer? President? King?"

"Midoriya." Todoroki said. 

"Hmm? Oh, hey Todoroki." 

"I've been calling your name for a while."

"I-Is that so, heheh..."

"Do you have something on your mind?"

"I'm just thinking about ultimates and such."

"Cool. What do you think about the newcomers?"

"I think that they're interesting! It's almost like looking at the past, before quirks. And this "ultimate talent" concept is really interesting as well."

Todoroki exhaled with a smile. He really loved hearing Midoriya go on his little rants. The passion and interest he brought was both refreshing and endearing to Todoroki. "You think so?"

"Yeah!" Midorya gave him a heart-warming smile.

The door opened and everyone quickly returned to their seats. Aizawa stepped in, followed by the two new boys.

"Settle down class. This is Kokichi Oma and Shuichi Saihara. The school has decided that these two are going to stay with your class until we learn more about the situation."

The class started talking and whispering about the two. Saihara really wished he had his hat. Oma looked at his uncomfortable boyfriend and grabbed his hand in reassurance.

"Be quiet. I'm taking a nap. The assignments due today were pushed to tomorrow" Aizawa zipped himself in his sleeping bag and passed out.

The class slowly got up, approaching the two of them. 

"So. What's your deal? Hopefully you're not a little bastard like this twerp." Bakugou said.

"Hey sparkles, your angry homosexual is showing. And your fly is down." Oma responded.

Bakugou blushed and furrowed his eyes in embarrassment. "You little shit! I'll kill you!"

"Oh great, another murder whore." 

"Oma-kun..." Saihara mumbled.

"Ugh, lets go sit down, Shumai. The ultimate supreme leader doesn't often have to walk so much." 

Oma sat on a desk in the back of the class. Saihara pulled the chair from under that desk and sat in it. Oma smiled at Saihara and pulled out some playing cards. 

"Wanna play war?"

"Sure."

"Hey, uh, Saihara and Oma, right?" Midoriya started.

"Oh, hey, Midoriya-chan." Oma said.

"I just have a few questions about the whole ultimate thing." Midoriya said, "First off, what is your ultimate?" He pointed at Saihara.

"Oh, I'm the ultimate detective."

"So ultimates expand into the realm of occupations...interesting. I wonder how many ultimates there are...and how did you get your ultimate?" 

"Well...I happened to solve a case a while back..."

"And he gets suuuper edgy when he talks about it." Oma commented.

"I-I do not!"

"Yeah you do! You used to pull down your emo hat alllll the way so that I couldn't see your cute face!"

"Oma-kun..." Saihara mumbled again, blushing.

Oma cupped Saihara's face in his hands. "Aww, what? Do you get flustered, Mr. Detective~?"

"Ah, uh..." Saihara turned beet red.

"Nishishi~ You're so cute when you blush!"

"...stop..." He said, a small smile creeping on his face.

Midoriya looked at those two and smiled. "Are you two dating?"

"Yes." Oma said.

"...yeah..." Saihara agreed.

"Cool. And, um, what is everything like in your...dimension?" Midoriya was still confused about what was going on, but he was trying his best.

"It's...complicated." Saihara responded.

"More complicated than we need to go over at the moment! Now, I wanna play war with Shumai."

"Oma-kun...don't you think that maybe..."

"What, were you planning on telling these strangers what our home is like so that they could take over our dimension? That's not fair..." Midoriya was confused, but Saihara's eyes widened. He used our safe-phrase. Something must be wrong.

"Well, if you want...we could talk about it privately." Saihara immediately said.

"I would like that." Oma smiled and stood up. 

"Excuse us for a moment." Saihara said to Midoriya. Both of them got up and left the room.

"What was that about?" Todoroki asked. 

"I don't know." Midoriya responded. "But I think something's up."

Bakugou walked over. "For once, I agree. Something's wrong with those two. Jirou should plug her earphone jack into the wall so we can hear em."

"But...isn't that an invasion of privacy?"

"That little shit invaded my privacy when he called me sparkles!"

"That's not-" Denki started.

"Shut it pikachu! I wanna know what's so important, and why they think they're so much better than us! They wouldn't hide it if they thought otherwise!"

"Bakugou-"

"So god dammit, Jirou! Do your dumb quirk thing!"

"Okay, okay, jesus!" Jirou plugged her earphone jack into the wall and listened in.