34

Rivean leaned over as Nadia got into bed. He kissed her head, wrapping his arm around her.

She turned around his arms. "Are you asleep?"

Rivean smiled. "No."

She shimmied onto his body, laying her head on his chest.

He rested his hand on her back. They lay in silence for a moment.

"You weren't breaking the law were you?"

She sat up squinting.

"Why are you narrowing your eyes."
"I'm supposed to wear glasses."
"Then why don't you?"
"...I've seen enough."

He sighed, snapping his fingers, a candle filling the room with soft light. He turned her over, hovering over her body.

"Why are you so worried about, Nadia?"

She shrugged. "Nothing,"

He cupped her face, kissing her cheek. "You can talk to me. Tell me what's going on, Nadia. I'll fix it."

She looked away. Her lips turned up, as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Rivean rubbed her thighs idly, looking between her eyes. She wasn't saying something. She kept avoiding his eyes. Normally she was so nonchalant.

"Everything okay?" He tried again.

She met his eyes. "No. I think I really care about you."

His lips lifted up, as he broke out in a grin. "Well I care about you too, Nadia."

She pushed him away, sitting up. "You don't understand what I'm saying I really care about tou. Like..." she swallowed the word.

Rivean sighed, kissing her shoulder. "I love you too, Nadia."

He rested his head on her shoulder. Nadia frowned. "You do?"

Rivean sighed. "You know that day, I gave you my coat? I knew it then."

She glanced back at him. "Really?"

Rivean smiled. "You wanna know something? You have the prettiest doe eyes. Saying no to you is like murdering babies when you look like that."

Nadia's eyes widened.

He chuckled, kissing her cheek. "You're too cute."

Nadia touched her face. "I'm...I'm a bounty Hunter you know? No where near cute."

"I think you're adorable," he kissed her neck.

Nadia turned around, brushing a curl behind her ear. "You really think so?" She crawled onto his lap.

Rivean rubbed her back. "I know so, baby," he turned her over, kissing her cheek.

Her back arched off the bed. "Is that a gun or are you happy to see me," she chuckled.

He leaned against her. "I'm always happy to see you. And we both know I don't carry guns."

Rivean's hair flowed off his shoulder, pooling on the bed. Her hands cupped his face as she pulled him, her lips hovering over his.

Nadia shivered, feeling the intimidating length of him pressed against her.

"Riv,"

He pressed even closer, his hands drifting up, meeting the fabric of his shirt. He paused, looking up at her. She nodded, taking his hand, sliding it under the shirt.

He pulled away, resting his forehead against her belly before standing. Nadia sat up a bit, on her hands watching him in the darkness.

"Rivean?" He opened a drawer, snapping his fingers. Another small light illuminated his face, a smoking stick in his hand, his hair in his face.