70

Rivean held the baby. Anith was quietly panicking.

"The sun is almost up," Anith shifted. "He won't open his eyes? Still?"

Rivean sighed. "Dad, stop panicking."

"Just out this one him," Anith wiped his brow. "I need Dana to wait at least a year these ceremonies are stressful. And babies are a little rude I mean no planning at all, no 48 notice."

"Dad," Rivean chuckled. "Where's mom she needs to calm you down."

"She's...on bed rest right now. That's why it's important this go perfectly. Your brothers are here, their mates are here. We're all here," Anith sighed. "Okay, let me do it, Riv."

Rivean held his hands up, putting the baby into the white gown.

"Okay, now let's go on out there."

"Is my baby here," Nadia came in. "There he is. Come on-"

"You can't lift anything right now," Rivean admonished putting the baby in his elbow.

"It's my baby or course I can lift him he's not even ten pounds soaking wet."

Rivean sighed. "Okay, when we get out there I'll hand him to you."

She nodded anxiously. They stepped out Gabriel, Tommie and their baby, Alroth, Demian and Dana. And a few of Anith's friends stood out as the sun came up.

"Give me my baby," Nadia hissed. Rivean chuckled.

Anith came forward, putting a flower crown on the babies head.

"This was yours," Anith sniffled, wiping a tear away from his eyes. "Welcome to the world baby. This is your family. This is your home. And this is your name: Aneth."

Nadia held him up. "Okay...open your eyes. Please?"

The baby fussed opening his eyes the sun behind him. Anith cheered.

"Gold again! My genes can not be stopped!" Anith bragged. "Roxanne look! He has my eyes."

Rivean pursed his lips. "He has my eyes."

Anith raised his brow. "And who did you get your eyes from? Aw...look at him. Okay give me my baby-"

Nadia growled. "I'll bite you. Everyone has had my baby more than me. No! My baby!"

Anith gasped, shrinking into Roxanne. "Do you hear her? You raise a child and they don't give you the baby what is happening?"

• • •

Nadia tickled Aneth gently. "And then I'll take you to Centari 1. There's this amusement park, well you're not old enough, but when you are-"

She pulled a blanket, swaddling him. "And I know it's really hot but," she touched his cheek. "You have that Iohirian blood. Yeah? You're cool."

Aneth smiled, yawning. Nadia smiled yawning too.

"Alright...I guess since you squeezed out of my hoohah and saw light and breathed air for the first time I'll give you a break."

She leaned back, putting a little hat on him. "I'm gonna learn how to make little rabbit apples, and cute lunches."

Aneth looked at his mother who rambled about this and that. He looked around, yawning again.

He was tired. It was a very big day, and the amount of lights and sounds out here was offputting.

"Okay, you know, I love you, and if anything happened to you I would definitely kill myself."

"Okay...that's definitely not something we should tell him," Rivean muttered behind her, rubbing Aneth's belly.

"Oh, well...stay away from crack, baby. Say no to drugs. And blue curaçao. It makes mommy throw up."

Rivean chuckled. "He's perfect. And he definitely prefers you,"

"Of course he does," she bragged. "I'm his mommy."

Rivean chuckled. "Look at those eyes. He's going to be a strong lightening user, so when he sneezes; duck."

"Knock knock? Nadia don't cut me I'm not here to take your baby."

Nadia set her knife down. "Come in Dana." She came in with a smile.

"He's so cute! Can I have just have him for a few hours."

Nadia picked up her knife. "I will cut you heifer-"

Rivean plunked the knife from her hand. "Nadia is very possessive over her baby. You may want to stay back a few feet."

Aneth smiled at his mother who smiled back kissing his cheek.

"My baby..."