Chapter Twelve: A Memory

"Little Red Riding Hood and The Boy who called Wolf eh, never thought you two would team up." Says a creepy voice behind us.

Me and Dominic looked at each other, then turned around.

Mr.Wolf.

Dominic and I just stand there for a little bit. Still in shock from Mr. Wolf dropping in.

"Oh dear Red, it's not very kind to ignore someone when their talking to you. Or was the on of the many things your mother didn't teach you?" The man says with a creepy smirk on his face.

"My mother taught me a lot of things, and one of them wasn't to talk to idiotic men who don't know how do anything." I say.

The wolf laughs.

"Your one stupid girl aren't you?" Says the wolf in his deep voice. My very small smile fades, I look at Dominic and wispper, "Run ...now". He gives me a odd face, but soon obeyed.

"Get back here Red!" The wolf yells ,as he runs after us.

We run into the city. It's all old and run down, rust everywhere. It's really depressed looking from the last time I saw it.

"Red, Come back here. I'm gonna' get ya!" My father yells as we play a game of tag.
"Never!" I yell back giggling.
"Grrr I'm gonna' get you. 'Cause I'm the tickle monster! Grrr" my dad says as I run around yelling and laughing at the same time.

"Red, honey it's time to come in. You don't want the wolf to get ya would ya." My mom says in a joking tune.

I fall onto the ground in a ball of laughter. My father walks over to me and picks me up.

"Time for bed cupcake!" My dad says smiling. I stop laughing and put on puppy dog eye and bag to stay up later. "Sorry, cupcake ya gotta' go to bed." My dad says as he gets up walks towards the house.

"Fine!" I yell with a sigh.

"Good girl."

"Red, why'd you stop running?" Dominic says making me come back to reality.
"Sorry, I had a memory of me and my dad in the city together." I reply, with my voice cracking every other word. "Okay, sorry for asking." Dominic says with a voice full of sympathy. "No it okay, you didn't know."

"We better find somewhere to say for the night." Dominic says trying to change the subject. "Yeah, okay." I reply wiping my eyes.

It's okay Red, your gonna' have a fresh start soon. I hope.