chapter 18

Gunshots were heard from downstairs, loud footsteps came upstairs. Noodle hid in the pile of stuffed animals again and trembled. I go to comfort Noodle until I hear her bedroom door swing open "WHERE IS THAT LITTLE BRAT!!!" A woman yelled. She rummaged through Noodle's room, practically trashing it

"IM GUNNA FUCKIN-" the angry woman was cut off. Someone else ran into the room and tackled her down. "ACK! GET OFF ME!" She growled as she fought back against the other. The other person was soon revealed by their booming voice. "SHE'S A LITTLE GIRL!" They snapped at her.

It was Russel.

"Stay here Noodle.." I whispered, "I promise I'll be back.." He slowly crawled to the small door and opened it, peeking out from it. Russel was fighting Paula.

Paula tried to fight against him "SHE TOOK MY PLACE!!! I'M THE ONE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN HER SPOTLIGHT!!!" Paula squirmed. Russel rolled his eyes "The only spotlight you should be getting is the one at a circus, CAUSE YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A DAMN CLOWN!" Russel slapped her and she was knocked out, I mean c'mon, he's a big guy! He's pretty strong!

I sigh in relief and crawled back to Noodle who was now nervously nibbling on a cookie. I smiled slightly. "Hey Noodle, everything's okay.." I say softly. She nodded and crawled over to me and sat on my lap cuddling up to me. I gently pet her head and play with her hair, starting to braid it.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours until a heard a quiet knock at the closet door "Noodz? Y/N?" It was Murdoc "Paula and her goons are gone, 2-D scared them off with his eyes.." He chuckled. Noodle immediately crawled out and hugged Murdoc. Murdoc hugged her back and I crawled out as well. He looked at the both of us and grinned "Nice makeup you too" He chuckled.

"Why thank you! Noodle did mine all by herself!" I look down at Noodle and Noodle looked at me, smiling. Murdoc gave me a peck on the lips "well my princesses, how about we go to the park hm? Lighten up the mood?" Murdoc looked at both of us. Noodle jumped with happiness "Hai hai hai!!" (Yes yes yes!!) Noodle said with joy. Murdoc patted her head "alrighty then! Let's get ready!" Murdoc clapped his hands and wandered to the doorway.

I kneel down to Noodle and whisper to her "Heya Noodle, is it okay if I take the makeup off now?" I ask. She nodded her head and ran out of the room. I got up and walked to Murdoc, giving him a kiss "let me touch up and I'll be right out" as I walk past Murdoc he gently smacked my ass. I blush and immensely look back at him. He had a smug grin with his arms crossed "what? I didn't do anything!" He bluffed. "Uh huh" He grinned and winked at him. I walk to the bathroom and take the dress off, along with my makeup.

As soon as I finish I walked out and cracked my knuckles "Alright! I'm ready!" I smile and walked down to the front door where everyone was. The house was still kinda a mess from the attack but I'm assuming that ever
everyone going out will just get their mind off things and they'll clean later.

2-D held Noodle's hand as everyone walked out to the garage and into the geep to head to the park

{One geep ride later}

We had arrived at a big playground in a pretty park, all the leaves on the trees a nice lush green, the grass all cut, and to top things off, a fun playground!

Noodle and 2-D ran to the playground and began to climb up the play structure.

Russel headed to a bench and say down, looking quite tired. And Murdoc leaned on the wall of a public bathroom next to the vending machine, in the shadows.

I wandered over to Murdoc and stood next to him. "Talk about scary- what are you doing in the shade? C'mon! The sun is quite nice!" He smiled as I grabbed his hand. Murdoc chuckled "no thanks darling, I like the darker parts for a reason" He grinned. I tilted my head "Oh? Why's that?" I ask. He perked over the wall "watch and learn.." He said as a child walked towards Murdoc. Murdoc laughed to himself and stuck his leg out just enough to trip the kid. I watched Murdoc as I shook my head "evil...I like it-" I giggled as we waited for the kid to trip.

As the kid was about to trip he was stopped. All that could be heard was crying and laughter. Murdoc looked at me confused "I didn't even trip him yet?-" He said confused. I shrugged and sneakily grab Murdoc's wallet and grab a few coins from it, putting them in the vending machine. Murdoc looked over the wall and groaned

"Ah fuck, it's them..."