4 - Love at First Sight

Off was a confident young man. He knows he's handsome. He knows that he is a one hell of a genius in the campus. He is super rich and he knows the amount of fan girls or fan boys he has in the campus.

Off is really an ideal man. He is also kind and very passionate student council member which earned him the trust of the student body. A lot of students admire him. A lot also tried to flirt with him. Sometimes, he flirt politely (flirtsome) in order not to offend anybody. But people knows he doesn't really date 'cause he is too busy. But the truth is, no one catches his attention, not until one morning while he is having his speech as SC President candidate.

The door suddenly opened. Because of the loud creak, everybody turned to the direction of the back door and there was a beautiful young man, standing like an angel who just descended from the heaven. Everybody was surprised to see a pretty creature standing in front of them. They all smiled at him and started whispering to one another then went back to their normal business.

Off's reaction was a little bit like everybody's, only that his was more like enchanted by the beauty he saw that he forgot that he was in the middle of giving a speech. He was tapped by the professor that made him back to himself. He continued giving his speech and the students responded with a big round of applause. Off again feel so proud not until he looked at the boy who captured his heart. He wasn't paying attention. His head is down and covered with his hoodie.

Off became a little bit sad. All the new students seem to admire him but the person he wants to impress that moment didn't give him any attention. He looked at the boy, waiting for him to remove his hoodie. He wants to see his beautiful face again but to no avail until they left the classroom to continue their campaign.

People of The Den Group chat ..... 

Off: Guys! I think I'm in trouble.

Tay: What, peng?

Arm: Is it serious?

New: Okay, spill.

Off: I found him.

Tay: Who?

Off: I think I found him. And I want to date him.

Arm: Him?

Tay: ohooooo!! So it's a "guy". Who's the luck guy then?

Off: He's a freshman and I still don't know his name.

New: You didn't talk to him and get his number? Wow! That's new. What happened to your oozing confidence then?

Off: He didn't pay attention to me. Like everyone is clapping their hands and there he is in the back seat while his head is down. I'm actually hurt. (too early to be hurt, Off)

New: Is he weird? He seems weird. What caught your attention?

Off: You dumbass! He's far from weird. I think he just embarrassed because he is late. You won't understand because you haven't seen his face.

Tay: Then what does he looks like?

Off: He's beautiful. I mean he is a guy but he has a very pretty and also handsome face. He's like an angel who descended from heaven.

Arm: Whoah! You're whipped! We already know someone who has a very pretty face like an angel. I don't think it could match the face of your new love interest. Don't overreact.

Off: Wait until you see him.

New: Make a move first and catch his attention. This is interesting. I guess our last year wouldn't be that boring. I have to go first. I need to meet our friend.

Tay: Oh wait. Let me come. I need to see our kid too. Arm?

Arm: I'll drop by at his house later. I'll give him the recipe book he asked me.

---------

At the School Cafeteria ...

Gun is like a kid sulking at one table in the cafeteria. There are a lot people looking at his direction. He thought that they are the same people who was in that auditorium. He really is embarrassed for being late in the first class. He is now pouting and feeling sad until New arrived.

New: Hey, why are you so sad, shorty?

Gun: P'New!! You're too much. You're making me feel worse.

Gun was about to cry that's why New panicked a little. He pulled Gun to a hug to stop him from crying.

New: Oh! Then tell me what happened.

Gun told New what happened. Just the part that he was late and he felt judged by his classmates judging from their shocked face and smiles (believe me, Gun is really this sensitive). New also looked around the cafeteria and found out that people are really giving glances to Gun. And he realized one thing. It's the same thing that happened during elementary years when Gun was a transferee to their school. The reason that people are staring at him is because of his face. His face is really beautiful that it will really take you a week to get used to it. Even the three of them including Arm and Tay get mesmerized by him once in a while even though they are used to it. They don't tell Gun because it's funny that the kid doesn't realize it.

New just laughed at the realization.

New: Ah.. Don't mind those people. They keep on glancing because of your pretty face.

Gun: Don't overreact. I know I'm pretty but you are also pretty. We both are pretty. They stare at me and gossip to one another how I was late on the first day.

New laugh again. New knows that he is also pretty but Gun's beauty is on another level. He is just really oblivious. Now, New is worried that people will make a move to him. Gun is so friendly and he thinks that everyone is a friend. Well, he doesn't mind people hitting on him. He's already 18 and a beautiful young man. But the kid has no experience. He needs to be on guard for his friend.