(Chapter 1) Love at First Shift, Love at First Sight

Leon POV

Today is the day, I recently got hired as a cop for R.P.D, and I'm about to start my first shift. Well, sadly, at a bad time in this place. There's an epidemic going on currently, and most of the city has been affected by zombies. Oh well, at least I got what I asked for..

--TIMESKIP--

I was at HQ, on my first shift. It was evening, with my hands sensing the cold air. I was walking around the place, investigating, when I suddenly heard a scream, "OPEN UP! OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!"

I headed to where I heard the voice immediately, when I opened up the door, I saw the guy screaming. He looked like he was in big trembling fear, "HELP ME! PLEASE! HELP ME!" He screamed. "Give me your hand." I said, helping him up.

He was almost out of that hellhole, when suddenly, it was too late. He was cut in half by that mysterious creature, leaving to me only his top. I stared at the corpse in horror, when I noticed a little book beside it. I opened it and checked out only to find out that it was just a stupid notebook. But wait.. the "notebook" actually contained a map..

It seemed really important, so I put it in my pocket.

I turned around and stood up and suddenly someone came in! I was shocked, but what was way worse was that it was an infected cop. I had no choice but to shoot him down..

After the cop was down, I headed out of the room, running away. But there was no hope, they were everywhere.. I shot them all as fast as I can while at the same time running away. I finally found an exit but the hole was too small. I fit myself in it, pushing the door up. I was almost out of there when suddenly, something grabbed my leg. I tried my best to push through, but it kept pulling me back. I was in huge trouble when suddenly, a man offered me his hand and pulled me out, smashing the zombie down with the door.

"You're safe...for now." he said, panting. "Thanks." I replied. "Marvin Branagh." He introduced himself. "Leon Kennedy." I introduced myself back."There was another officer..I couldn't." I said in guilt. "Here." He offered to help me stand up. "I'm sure you did what you could, Leon." He added."This is Shrek, a remaining survivor." He said, pointing to an ogre who looked severely injured. "P-pleased to meet you, Leon." Shrek said shyly.

The ogre and I made direct contact. I had a little fuzzy feeling when I saw him. He looked so beautiful...matching the beauty of a godess...God, I couldn't resist him. Could this beautiful ogre change my life..forever?

--TO BE CONTINUED--