Chapter 3

The noise of Jinx's working continues as I limp over to my piano. Silco knew I loved to make music, so he used to buy me instruments as gifts. And I'm not sure if Jinx cares about me playing, she's never complained at least.

I sit at the piano, setting my hands up to play a few notes. I set my book up to where I can read it, playing a few warm ups. My stiff hands begin to flow freely on the light piano, my fingers remembering how to make music. I play a few scales and arpeggios, my long fingers scaling up the black and white instrument. I adjust my posture, flipping to the page of my most recent written song. A song about my ex, but it was too good to trash. My breath steadies, taking a preparatory breath as I play the first few notes. (yes, I will be using a gay ass song for this. good luck and don't judge pfft)

"My sweetheart's piano is rat filled," I sing. "And mine is infested with bugs. The music we make is unnatural, but it sounds just like falling in love." My light voice sings the song beautifully. "This butch, this butch, this butch, this butch. She makes me go weak in the knees. But I can't let her see me swoon, or else she may think I am weak."

I start a few parts over, letting my hands adjust to the piano once again. Fixing my mess ups, and continuing again and again.

"Was that about Lena?" A deep voice asks, entering the room.

"Yeah, but I figured it was too good to throw away you know?" I say in an almost monotoned voice.

"I agree, you should play that for the council. It was beautiful." Silco comes up and presses a few keys, almost making a chord but missing a key, making it hurt my ears. I move one finger over, making it sound well put together.

He chuckles, "Maybe I wasn't meant for music."

"Everyone is made for music, you just have to put in practice," I say.

"I wish I grew up with you and Jinx's talent. You can play any instrument handed to you, Jinx can make any weapon you ask her to."

"You did grow up with a talent, you're a natural born leader, Silco. And you're a natural born father as well. You took Jinx and I in from shitty positions and gave us a new home, I could never thank you enough."

"I've never asked you," he sits down on the bed. "What was your father like?"

"Well he's sitting on my bed, silly." I say, turning around in my stool to face him.

"No, I mean your biological father. We have never talked about your family before."

"Ah, yeah. I don't know too much about them, they sold me to Madam at the Cat House when I was 6. But my mom, I remember she was beautiful. Long silky platinum blonde hair and bright blue eyes, freckles covering her body. I would tell her 'I wish I were as pretty as you' as I braided her hair. She stayed at home with me while my dad worked." I place my cheek in my hand, elbow on my knee.

"Your dad?" he asks, leaning over.

I sigh. "He was an alcoholic, and never stayed home enough for me to remember him that well. But he had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, really tall and lanky. But one day, I came home from playing with the neighbor's kid. And, well, my mother was dead in the living room. Suicide. I was the one who found her, my dad didn't arrive until an hour later. I was only 5. He then sold me for money as he knew he wasn't cut out to raise a child."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Snake." he puts his hand on mine. "Thank you for telling me though. I can tell, you share a striking resemblance to your mother. Except for the one eye," he motions to my left brown eye.

I chuckle, "yeah, glad that's all I got."

A moment of silence fills the room, before he looks at me with a concerned look. "It seems your memory is coming back though, which is good." I hadn't realized. Was this why he asked me? I don't care, it felt as if a gap between us had been filled.

"It seems so, that's good." I slightly smile.

"Your leg?"

"It's still broken," i smile. What a dumb question.

"Alright, I'm going to go get check on Jinx and then head out for the night. I'll visit in the morning. Goodnight" He stands up to leave, opening the curtain.

"Goodnight, Silco."

————
Short chapter this time :) but next will hopefully be longer.
Yes, I am a band nerd so INSTRUMENTS!!! Irl, i play every concert band instrument other than flute and trombone, but mainly french horn ;).

Comments are very appreciated, I'll see ya with the next chapter! Got some big plans