Chapter 33: Mark

Chapter 33: Mark

The moment I said that I’m choosing to grow up is the moment Mark let go of his hug from me. I can see his reflection through this mirror I am facing at and I can see in his eyes that he is shocked with what my decision was.

Then I saw him wiped his tears and smiled a bit. “Of course. Like in Peter Pan, you need to leave. You need to grow up. How selfish of me.” he said.

I stood up and was about to hug him when he stopped me. He stared at me, “Congratulations on your debut!” he said sarcastically.

“Mark.” I said. “I don’t want to leave with you mad at me.”

“Mad? I’m not mad. Don’t worry.” he said then he started to walk away.

“Mark.” I continue to call him but he won’t look back. I know Mark won’t listen to me right now, but I guess, this is the only way to make him stop.

“Ah.” I said while holding my chest.

“Rhianne.” Mark said. I wasn’t looking at him because I am pretending that my chest is in pain, even though it wasn’t. Mark then approached me, I can feel it.

Good job Rhianne! You can also be a Hollywood actress.

“Yah! Yah! What’s happening with you?” Mark asked as he was shaking me. Then I opened my eyes and smiled sarcastically at him.

“So I have to make this acting scene and pretend that I’m in pain so you will notice me.” I told him. “Will you just please listen…”

Suddenly he stopped me from talking by putting his lips on mine. He held my face and slowly we walked without breaking the kiss and now I felt that I was leaning on the wall. Mark continued to kiss me and I kissed him back. After a couple of moments, he slowly removed his lips from mine.

I can feel him breathing heavily while his eyes were staring at mine. “I’m sorry.” I said. Then he gave me a smack to stop me from talking. Then he again stared at me. There’s nothing more I can say instead, I just lowered my face. Then I felt him hugging me.

“I’m sorry.” he said. “It’s just, I am afraid to lose you.”

“You will never lose me, never again.” I told him and stared at him. “Please trust me, even for once.”

He smiled at me and held my face, “I will always trust you, always.” he said.

And on that moment, I know Mark and I were fine. Finally, everything is fine. I’ll be leaving with his approval. Then all of a sudden, he pushed me.

“Yah!” I exclaimed.

“Tell me, were you really acting earlier? You don’t feel any pain right now, right? You’re well? You’re not sick?” he continually asked me. And this scene just made me laugh.