🌧 Waltz in the Rain| Tartali (Just a view of my writing style!)

It was 2:00 on a Saturday morning, the rain poured heavily on the two, their umbrellas trembling on the ground. The items had long been discarded, as they were now dancing in the rain. The song played from the speaker - barely hidden under the clear umbrella, the only thing keeping the device from breaking. The tones were lovely, the melody sounded as if love had been explained by just notes on a keyboard.

     However, there was a hint of sadness, a hint of regret, despair. It was hiding so well under that beautifully carried rhythm, it had gone unnoticed by the two. Childe and Zhongli. Hand in hand, waists nearly colliding. They swayed to the magnificent harmony, grins plastered on their raindrop-stained faces. They had gone out on Childe's request, saying they needed some time to hang out, a break from reality and into the dimensions of bliss.

     The sky was a melancholy grey, instead of its usual deep, rich navy. Maybe it was a sign, a sign that two should've payed attention to.

     With one being a God and one only being able to live for maybe three decades, they were bound to face a tragedy. Still, Childe took his chances. He stilled, his grip on the other male's hands loosening. "Zhongli..." The wind whispered just as he did, the rain suddenly seeming quiter, almost as if to give them time to speak. The taller coughed. "...Childe? Is something of the matter to you?"

     He averted his gaze from the ginger, suddenly feeling tense. "Zhongli, I-" "Don't." He was cut off by the god. "...What do you mean don't? I- is there something wrong...?" He felt a pang in his heart, though ignored it in favour of the man in front of him. "I'm sorry, I- I need to go." Zhongli tore his hand away from the other, picking up his umbrella and walking away.

     Behind him, a single tear droplet had slipped into a puddle. The man behind him was now crying. Why? Because Zhongli knew what he was gonna say. He knew, and he walked away. It hurt.

     The former looked down into the small body of water below him. He looked into his reflection, the image blurry with tears. Still, even throughout his blurry vision and the nearly black meloncholy sky, he saw himself. He saw the worst version of himself, staring back at him. A tear-stained face and a quivering lip, his breath shaky. He knelt to the pavement, his slender fingers feeling the rough ground.

     "I fucking knew it..." Once again, someone had left him. He sat still, soaking in the sorrow.

Once again, he was alone.

Hello! Clay here, as you can tell, this one was fairly short! 446 words, so just a little sample of how I write. I will make a requests page, where you can request just about anything. Also, feel free to message me in dms! I hope you like the first oneshot. :)