🌧 What was she pretending again..? || Yae Miko

Yae lay still, her hair messy and spread out on her bed.

Her far too empty bed.

Her face was paler than usual, as if she was slowly forgetting how to pretend.

How to pretend to... what was she pretending again?

Was she pretending to be alright? Or pretending to be sad. Pretending to feel... or pretending to not?

She didn't know anymore.

She didn't know what her personality was.

Fuck, she didn't know if she even had one.

Her somehow empty but overflowing mind couldn't decide between being filled with sorrow, fear, anxiety, regret, or nothing at all.

She slowly stood up to walk to her standing mirror.

Yae gazed upon her reflection, hesitantly raising a hand to her face, resting it on her all-too-pale cheek. Her eyes were low, she was too tired to open them fully.

"...Fuck."

She looked at down at her body, hidden by the baggiest of clothes, with a sudden grimace on her face.

She didn't like how she looked, but that's fine. If she pretended, then others would like how she looked. That's all she needed.

She looked back at her messy bed, slowly zoning out.

She had gotten lost in her thoughts.

Thoughts about the one she loved.

Ei, who she had sworn to spend eternity with.

It's no wonder she left Yae, who wouldn't?

So annoying, so loud, too flirty, too overconfident.

Who wouldn't leave that fucking mess?

...

It's not like she wanted to be that way.

It's not like she wanted that to be her personality.

She only acted that way because if she didn't... what personality would she even have?

It doesn't matter.

She just needs to keep pretending. Keep on pretending, and maybe she'll trick herself to think she's actually alright.

Just maybe.

---------------------

hi sorry for leaving for like a month uhh take this short filler that i wrote in the instagram dms of my friend ehe

-clay