🌧 Atop a Once-Magnificent Hill || Beigguang

"Hey Ning, look at the crystalflies - they're really pretty at night, hm?"

"...They're beautiful," Ningguang replied, gazing at the crystalflies in awe.

Beidou glanced at her lover, letting out a quiet chuckle before looking back at the scene before them.

They sat atop a hill in Liyue - a magnificent tree with red and golden leaves apon it's branches, casting a shadow over the two.

A beautiful day it was, the sun had nearly set, shining a gold light at the lovers.

...

How she wishes she could go back.

Ningguang knelt down on the once-magnificent hill, a thin tear streaming down her pale complexion.

A red carnation in hand, she stared at the stone standing atop the hill's soil.

Atop the once-magnificent hill and beneath the once-beautiful tree.

The once-beautiful tree, that had now grown sick and fragile, with discoloured leaves and too-soft roots.

Night had risen not long before she made her way to the hill, the stars and moon illuminating her eyes glistening with sorrow.

She craved the feeling of being in her lover's arms once again, longing for the feeling of love, of being loved.

She stared longingly at the tree, where the grave of her true love layed. Red and white chrysanthemums were placed on the soil in front of the stone.

As the howling of wind masked a quiet sob from the woman, a thin tear ran down her pale complexion. She covered her mouth with one of her hands, attempting to hide any pitiful sobs that managed to escapen. On her free hand, lay the ring that once showed their love to the world.

The ring that Beidou had given her.

A beautiful golden band, with the thinnest red lining along the inside, and translucent white gems along the outside.

It's shine was brought out by the moon.

It had been so long, since they had sat under the stars together.

She longed for it, so terribly.

Ningguang gazed upon the tree that she and Beidou once laughed under, more tears beginning to stream down her tired face.

Tired of crying, tired of longing, tired of grieving.

Never before had anyone else been able to get her to love, to cherish. Nobody else had gotten her heart to race or her face to flush bright red.

Never before, had she loved anyone.

Never, before Beidou.

As the memories flooded to her, the wind softened, as if taking pity on her.

Her eyes had been accompanied by dark circles below them, her skin cold.

In front of her, a golden crystalfly's wings shimmered as it landed upon Beidou's cold, stone grave.

Ningguang looked at it, remembering how her and Beidou would gaze at the crystalflies that flew past them with such amazement at the beauty they held.

She looker away, no longer wishing to remember.

Carefully and hesitantly, she stood before making her way to the tree trunk, slowly letting herself sit, leaning against the sick wood.

More stars appeared in the sky, as she rested her eyes beside her lover's grave.

There, Ningguang sat sleeping along with Beidoun beneath the moonlit sky, atop a once-magnificent hill.

---------------------------
--------------
--------

(Hi, look at that I actually updated - this one was very short but hey I wrote it in the dms of my friend Lëvi and decided to post it here <3 )