Chapter 8

"This isn't the road we took to come here, Wil" She says looking around.

"It isn't?" He teases her.

"Will" She says in a serious tone scanning the neighborhood for something familiar.

They were in Suffolk but she didn't recognise this particular neighbourhood.

"Emily, we're just going to my parents house to pick up a few things" He sighs looking at her.

"Do I have to come in?" She asks

"You could stay in the car but you'd be missing out on something sweet to eat"

"Damn you and my stupid sweet tooth" She lightly punches his arm.

They pull up to a nice house and walk to the front door.

"Oh my gosh! Will! What a nice surprise!" A middle aged woman laughs and hugs Will.

"Hey mum" Wilbur smiles at her. "Hope you don't mind I brought a friend"

"Do I mind?! Of course I don't. Who is he?" She asks.

"Oh it's no he, just a she" Emily smile at the woman. "My name is Emily Black"

"Well hello Emily! Pleasure to meet you" She looks at the both of them. "Hope you like brownies. Because I just made a batch and they're really good"

"I don't mind it" She smiles.

"So Will tells me that you work in a coffee shop?" His mom asks.

"Yes. That's one of my jobs" Emily laugh.

"One of them?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah. The pay is not enough and affording that apartment was really difficult" Emily explains.

"My dearest son hasn't invited me yet" She glares at him.

"Well you never asked." Will explains.

"See what I dealed with for so long?" His mom laughs.

Emily laughs. Wilbur's hand rests on her knee.

"I'm inviting you! Come whenever you'd like!" I say glancing at Wilbur for a second.

He brings it higher and squeezes my thigh.

"See that Will, that's manners" His mom laughs at him.

"Yeah mom sure" He lowers it back down.

"Your cousin is getting married by the way! Natalie. She's invited us on 29th December" His mom looks at him. "Please come it'll mean the World to her. Get a date too. Hell just bring her along"

"Oh definitely mum! And yes she'll be there" He squeezes my knee again.

"Sure I'll be there if you want me to" She smiles.

"Then it's settled" His mom smiles.

"So? 29th is in a week"  Wilbur says looking at me.

They had left his parents place and got home. They sat on the couch while watching Grey's Anatomy.

"So it is" She nods.

"Are you sure you want me to come? Because you can take someone else. I won't be bored at home I can just binge some show. It'll be a typical post christmas night- Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks him.

He was staring at her with a smile on his face. She was pretty sure he had ignored her previous statements.

"I would love for you to come with me, Em" He paused looking a bit startled but continues. "Please come"