Figure Skater? (chapter 7)

Custard's POV
Custard and Pancake were sat at a table in the bakery, eating donuts for the past while.
They were disguised so other cookies who came to the bakery at 10 in the night (such as Madeleine, Custards uncle. He went there to deliver some to Espresso.)

Well, Pancake came disguised. Custard forgot, and after some time Pancake convinced him to hide his crown and staff in a bush to collect later and to wear Pancake's spare hoodie. Although Pancake thought it looked cute, Custard didn't like it, saying it 'made him look like a commoner'.

They were planning how to get Gingerbrave back. The two thought that it was their responsibility, because they were the ones that requested to play hide and seek in the first place.

"So how are we even gonna know which way Gingerbrave went?" Pancake whispered, pulling his hood back which had draped over his face for probably the 16th time now. "Well I'm sure we'll figure it out, we're a king and his best friend after all-" Custard replied, whispering until the end. He was stopped by pancake slapping his hands over Custards mouth. "Well, I guess you're right. We're very smart together. I'm sure we'll figure ourselves out if we just go into the forest."
"Alright then."
"So are we gonna go now?"
"Yep, take the donuts, we're leaving." Custard stood holding a box of donuts while Pancake held the other.

They walked out of the bakery and towards the woods, entering from the same area in the park where Gingerbrave got lost. It was dark, around 11:30pm, and them being two 8 year olds they were very scared. Well it was mainly custard. Pancake was just whining, talking about flying and "whooshing" a lot.

"I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.." Custard mumbled, hiding in the hood.
"No way it is, this is fine. We haven't even seen any monsters yet!" Custard jumped at the word 'monsters'.

After a while, they found theirselves near a clearing of illuminated clear-blue ice.

"Woah, this place is very pretty Custard. Can we stay here for a bit? Pleaseeee? I'm getting tired!"
Custard was just glad for it to be light again. "Yes, let's go."

The two sat down by the lake, eating some of the donuts they brought with them. Suddenly, they heard scraping on the ice. Custard jumped, almost falling back and choking on his donut and Pancake just sat there laughing at him.
"It's not funny! I heard something scary!"
"I'm sorry, just the way you jumped was funny! That was probably just a leaf anyways!"

More scrapes were heard, closer now.

Custard was shivering now, and not by the cold. Pancake was even getting scared.

A silhouette skated around the twisting lake into view, both the kids screamed.

As the person lit up from the ice, you could see it was another cookie. Custard gripped onto Pancake who, now that he saw it was a cookie, was laughing. Custard opened his eyes, stumbling back and pouting at Pancake's laughter.

"I said that isn't funny Pancake!" Pancake kept cackling, managing to get some words in.
"I'm sorry, it's just so funny when you get scared!"

The cookie just stood there with an amused expression on their face.

"U-uhm, what's your name! I am King Custard cookie III, and this is my best friend Pancake cookie!" Custard stood, pointing to the laughing cookie to his side.

"..You don't look like a king." This made Pancake laugh more and Custard whine. "Pancake made me wear this!"

The cookie giggled. "My name is Figure Skater cookie. I don't usually see many people around here, what are you doing here?"
"Looking for our friend." Custard said. Pancakes laughing was now dying down.
"Oh. I might've seen them, what do they look like?"
"He's a gingerbread man! Who's very brave!"
"And has a candy cane!" Pancake added.

Figure Skater cookie thought for a bit. "Yeah, I think I saw him. He is a boy right?"
Custard and Pancake nodded.
"Okay, well I saw him. He was being carried by these cake monsters- and this guy with a cake arm."
Custard smiled. "Thank you, you have proven to be useful to your king! Which way did they go?"
Figure Skater pointed over behind them, skating closer to Custard and Pancake.

"I can take you over if you want, I know the forest very well so there'd be less of a chance of you getting lost."
"Would you!?" Pancake asked, practically begging.
"'Course I would. Now just follow me- oh right, the ice. Are you any good on ice skates?"

"I can fly!" Pancake put his hand up, backing away from the ice. Custard just looked up at Figure skater.

"Nope." He backed away from the ice."

"Hmm, then how are you gonna get past the ice? The ice goes pretty far, so going around it would take ages.."

Custard frowned, but then Pancake walked closer to him.

"I can carry you! You can't be too heavy, right? You're just a cookie!"
"You don't have to, Pancake! What if we both fall? Then we'll both get hurt! As your king, I can't allow that!"
"Custard, you can heal. You can just heal me while we're flying so I don't get too tired! And we're not gonna be flying forever!"

Custard frowned before nodding.

"Alright, it's settled then. Don't fall behind!" Figure skater shot off towards the other side of the ice and pancake grabbed Custard, flying into the air and following Figure Skater. Custard panicked a bit, but still healed Pancake like he told him to do.

Soon enough, they were on the other side. Pancake put Custard on the ground.
"Alright, follow me." Figure skater got off the ice. Where he walked, it froze and as he skated away it returned to normal. Custard and Pancake waddled behind him.

They were met by a cave with crystals all around the front of it.

EXACTLY 1000 WORDS WITHOUT A/N WOOOOO

A/N: hiya sorry no update but here's Pancake and Custard ig, hope this satisfies you for a while.
-laggy