thirty.

Sorin's POV

"HAN SORIN!"

Oh no, that ain't gonna be good. "M-mr Han, I-" SLAP

The room fell into silence at the loud sound as his hand made contact with my cheek. "You...what kind of bodyguard are you? How could you let Mr Park get hurt, ending up in the hospital even when you're standing here all fine?!" His harsh tone cut through the awkward tension in the room as I felt the burning, concerned stares from the three males.

"Uncle, please calm down. Sorin is hurt too and what happened was an accident." Juyeon interrupted, moving to stand on my right protectively while San too had shifted to be on my left. "Juyeon, no. Accidents can be avoided, especially if SOMEONE was doing a good job." 

Every single word he said felt like needles pricking at my heart and it hurts, a lot. I remained quiet, afraid my voice would betray me, as I watch him let out a heavy sigh. 

"Mr Park, Our company will take care of your hospitalisation fees as compensation. I apologise for my employee's incompetency and don't worry if she messes up again, I'll be sure she gets replaced." Mr Han spoke, giving Seonghwa a small bow. 

"NO!" Seonghwa exclaimed, looking at Mr Han with a serious expression. "No one replaces Sorin." He continued, casting a glance at me before turning his attention back to Mr Han who was in shock.

"I-We will act accordingly. Get well soon, Mr Park." Mr Han stuttered slightly, before taking his leave after he shot a glare at me.   

"Sorin..." Juyeon's voice trailed off as hot tears streamed down my face without my permission, taking a step closer to me. "No." Was all I managed to let out as I ran out of the ward, ignoring their calls.

I found myself a quiet spot on the hospital's rooftop, watching the now dark landscape. "Sorin!" A familiar voice called out to me, making me turn towards the source. "What do you want?" I asked, whipping my face in the other direction as I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Is that what I get after trying to look for you while having to drag this IV stand around with me?" Seonghwa chuckled softly, a look of concern quickly surfacing on his face as he met my eyes. "Sorin-ah." 

"I don't want to talk about it now." I muttered, hiding my face in my arms as I hugged my knees. "Okay, I'll wait till you're ready to talk." His soft voice responded, hand gently patting me on my head before he brought his arms around my shoulders comfortingly.

"Feeling better now?" Seonghwa checked on me after a period of us being quiet, except my occasional sniffs and sobs. "Yeah." I answered, lifting my head. "Good, I was so worried." He mumbled before silence took over again.

"Mr Han...is actually my father." I sniffled, eyes still focused on the night view. Seonghwa let out a confused "What?", eyes widening in shock. "B-but, how? H-he, how could he treat you like this?" He was flabbergasted. "It's...a long story." 

"You can tell me if you want?" He spoke, still in disbelief. 

Here we go then...

Flashback

"Papa, papa!" A 7 year old Sorin shouted excitedly once she spotted her father who just entered the home. "Sorin! How was my little girl?" A broad smile lit up his tired face at the sight of his daughter. "Good!" 

"Hi dear, you're home." Sorin's mother smiled lovingly at her husband as they shared a hug. "Papa, can we come visit you tomorrow at work?" The young girl questioned, hugging her parents' waists.

"Sorry darling, tomorrow's a little inconvenient. You can visit another day, okay?" 

---------------------------------------------------------

"Mama! Papa will be happy to see us, right?" Little Sorin clapped her hands in excitement, walking towards her father's office for a surprise visit. 

"I'm sure he will be delighted to see his little sunshine in this weather." Her mother's sweet smile fuelled the little girl's happiness which contrasted the pouring rain outside as she reached out to open her father's office door.

"Papa!" Sorin exclaimed before freezing in her spot. "Oh look who we have here, your daughter and wife?" A smirk appeared on the man's face as he pointed the gun towards the pair and away from a pale Mr Han. 

"Leave them alone. This has nothing to do with them." Mr Han spoke, attempting to move towards his family but was stopped when the gun was once again facing him. 

"Well, my family wasn't involved in my matters as well but what happened to them? They're gone! Gone!" The man angrily shouted, firing a shot at the wall behind Mr Han. "Look, that was-" 

"Shut it! You're going to pay for it!" He spoke, cutting off the president of the organisation. The young girl watched in fear as the man reached out, attempting to grab her away from her mother who held tight onto her daughter's arm. 

It was almost like a game of tug-of-war, the crying girl in between one who wishes to protect her only child and the other who was out of his mind. 

The struggle continued as Mr Han rushed forward, only to be stopped by the fuming man's sidekick as they too got into a struggle of their own. Everything was such a mess, to the extent that we couldn't stop what happened next.

A loud gun shot was fired, turning the once chaotic into one filled with silence. Everyone's wide eyes were fixed on the only man who held the weapon before the young girl felt her mother's grip loosening on her arm.

"NO!" Mr Han let out a cry, finally pushing free and making his way to his wife who has lifelessly dropped to the floor. 

 ---------------------------------------------------------

Tears fell from the young girl's swollen eyes as she stood in front of her mother's portrait, memorising the gentle smile that she will never get to see again. She turned her head towards the figure who entered the room, closing the sliding door with a bit too much force.

"Papa..." Sorin's small voice trailed off, only to receive a cold stare from her father. "Papa!" She tried again, jumping when the man slammed his fist on the table. He hasn't spoken to her ever since they'd left the hospital, where he found out the reason why they were at his office.

 "You! It was all because of you that she's gone...I've told you it wasn't a good time to visit so why are you so stubborn about it?!" He finally let out, pointing a finger in her face as angry tears flowed down his face. "I-I just wanted to-"

"No excuses, I never want to speak to you ever again!" The man cut her off along with a hot glare. "I'm sorry, papa..." Sorin sobbed, causing her father to stop in his tracks.

"And don't call me papa ever again. I do not have a daughter like you."  

To be continued...

hi y'all :)

more of Sorin's past will be revealed soon!

~thedouble_a (8/12/21)