thirty-three.

Seonghwa's POV

"Yah, San! Let go off me!" 

I was standing outside Sorin's room, wanting to wake her up for breakfast when I heard her screaming at my cousin who was laughing loudly. "Okay, now I'm done." 

Taking this as my cue, I knocked on the door. "Guys! Come down for breakfast." I announced after clearing my throat, turning away before I got any response. 

"Morning, hyung." Someone seems to be in a good mood, huh? "Hey." Sorin grumbled as a greeting to me but her eyes were fixed coldly on the back of San's head. 

I followed behind the girl who headed towards the office while my cousin took his seat at the dining table. 

"Why are you following me?" She questioned, not even sparing a glance at me as she poured herself a glass of orange juice. "Nothing?" I leaned stiffly against the counter next to her.

"Quit lying. You have something to ask me, don't you?" She snapped, folding her arms as she turned to face me. She knows me too well. "F-fine. Did San sleep in your room?" I breathed out, avoiding her stare.

"Yeah, and?" There was a hint of teasing in her voice, her eyes not faltering one bit. "What did you guys do?" I asked as nonchalantly as I could, looking everywhere but her piercing eyes. 

"Fight." Came her reply after she took a sip of her juice. "And why were you guys fighting?"

"Because he kissed me." Wait Minha was telling the truth?! "Seonghwa?" Sorin left a slap across my arm, I must have spaced out. "What do you mean by 'Minha was telling the truth'?" 

"She came into my room last night and told me that you know, you and San k-kissed." I told her truthfully, watching as her expression turned into one of thought.

"But did she tell you that by kiss, it was only on the cheek?" Oh- "Why are you smiling?" I am? "Nothing." 

"Fine fine, I'm just relieved?" Smiling an awkward smile, I answered her truthfully. "Relieved? So should he have kissed me on the lips instead?" Sorin stood close, her face just inches in front of mine. 

"Of course not!" I shrieked, hands flying up to cup her face. 

"Okay, okay. I was just kidding, you can let go of me." Sorin rolled her eyes, her hands over mine as she tried to pry them away from her face. "No, not yet." The girl raised her brow at my response, stopping her actions in confusion. 

"Okay, now I can let go."

Sorin's POV

What's with these cousins and them kissing me as and when they like?!  Especially Park Seonghwa and my forehead.

"Woah, what are you glaring at?" Juyeon froze, his arms held up in defence. "At a kid." I answered through gritted teeth before heading to the dining room, leaving my cousin in pure confusion. 

"Sorin, sit here!" San chirped, spotting me first. I rejected and sat at the chair at the end of the table, earning a pout from the younger cousin. "Hi guys!"

Ew, the tattle tale is here. She took a seat next to Seonghwa who gave her a nod, of course, while the rest of us simply ignored her existence

"Awww, Sorin, why are you not sitting with San?" Her sentence gained everyone's attention, making us turn to look at the excited girl. 

"And why do you care?" I snapped at her, poking at my pancake. "Oh, I just thought you guys will be sitting together after kissing last night." Oh no she did not just say that.

"What?" Juyeon muttered, shock-filled eyes shifting between San and I. "And how did you know?" Brushing Juyeon's questioning stare off, I asked. 

Now, it was her turn to be in shock. "I erm, I heard sounds coming from your room so I came to check!" She exclaimed, obviously an excuse. 

"So you decided it was okay to enter my room without even knocking?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again!" She squeaked out, hiding herself slightly behind Seonghwa. "Again?" I hissed, standing up from my seat. 

"Sorin?" Seonghwa whispered, hand on my wrist. "Great, are you on her side now?" 

"No, I-" Rolling my eyes, I walked away from the annoying girl. Every bit of her just irritates me. "Sorin-ah, wait for me!" San's voice called from behind, following after me. 

"Urgh, she's so annoying." I groaned, falling face first on my bed. San let out a chuckle as he closed the door. "And you almost left me sitting in front of her? The food I ate would have been wasted if I stayed a second longer." 

"You find the whole accident weird too, huh?" I asked, although I already knew his answer. "Yeah, especially since it happened after Minha joined us. There's just something...off about her?" San pouted, swinging his legs as he sat next to me. 

"Right? But we don't have any evidence about it, guess we can only observe her for now." I sighed. "Hey, Sorin? What if she didn't actually get stabbed and that it was a fake injury?" San snapped his fingers, impressed at himself. "That was actually quite smart of you."

"Oh thanks! Hey, what does that mean?! That I'm not smart usually?" A pout was on display as he stared at me with wide eyes. "Once again, I didn't say anything but if that's what you implied then sure." With a teasing smirk, I shrugged at the now whining boy. Gosh, them and their whining.

"Okay, enough whining. You tell me how are we gonna find out about whether her injury is real or not then, Mr Smarty-pants." Raising a brow at him, I watched as the corner of his lip lifted into a smirk.

"Easy! You are gonna go find out."

I knew it, I hated that smirk of his.

hi y'all!

what's san and Sorin planning?

stay tuned~

~thedouble_a (6/1/22)