First Encounter

Location: United Nations, New York, New York

Nat is dressed in a beautiful but understated black gown. She is easily weaving her way through a crowded room.

"Anything new from your point of view?" She says quietly into her earpiece.

"Nope, all I see is a lot of handshaking and ass-kissing." Clint replies from his perch on a high balcony.

"I'm beginning to think this intel is wrong." She continues to scan the crowd as she flows through it.

Suddenly she feels a hand grab her wrist. "I'm a regular at these things, and I would never forget a face or body like that." Says a rather intoxicated man.

Nat turns around quickly grabbing and twisting his thumb backwards unnoticed by the fellow gala attendees. Clint sees this and raises his arrow, putting the man in his crosshairs.
"Just say the word Nat. I can take this trash out. I can nick an artery, and no one would know."

Nat speaks to Clint and the drunkard: "Sshhh, make a scene, and I'll snap your wrist. You know, you can put it in a nice container, but no matter what, trash will always be trash. Now I suggest you go find an empty office or janitor's closet and sleep this off."

She lets the man's finger go and walks away. "I've lost the ambassador. Do you have eyes on him?" She continues to scan the room.

"Yeah, I sure do. 11 o'clock chatting up a redhead in a really short dress." Clint says. "He's way out of his league with that one."

Nat heads to the end of the bar to keep an eye on the ambassador. The woman laughs and touches his hand as they talk. The ambassador makes his move and runs his hand up your thigh. You lean in and whisper in his ear, causing a smile to stretch across his face as he nods his head.

"Well, I guess I was wrong. It's a good thing I'm not a betting man," Clint says over the comms.

"Yeah, remind me not to take any dating advice from you." Nat replies back.

She watches you run your hands along the ambassador's cheek as you walk away.
Nat groans as she watches you slip him a room key.
"Great! This just turned into a long night. I have no doubt he will ditch most of his security detail to fly under the radar, hopefully."

A few moments pass, and Nat watches as the ambassador stands up. He stumbles a little.
"If this guy is drunk, maybe he'll be a one-pump chump, and we can go home early," Clint says from his vantage point.

The ambassador grabs his throat and starts to choke. His face immediately starts to turn blue, and foam seeps from the corners of his mouth.

"Shit! It's her! Where did she go?" Nat furiously scans the room as chaos and onlookers start to form. "Tell me you've got eyes on her?"

"Yeah, she's good, but I see her. Headed out the door to the south hallway. I'll meet you there."

Nat grabs the side of her dress and rips it, revealing shorts underneath, along with her gun and knives. She jumps up on the bar and runs across it. She jumps over the onlookers and lands at the door leading to the south hallway. As Nat pulls her gun, Clint repels down from the venting.

"Where did she go?" Clint asks, scanning the wide hallway.

"I don't know, but she couldn't have gone far." Nat answers.

They both start walking down the hallway, back to back, checking doors. Clint comes upon a smaller hallway. It is maybe 4 feet long and ends at a closed door. In front of the door lay a dress and a red wig.

"I got something." Clint whispers to Nat.

Nat turns and sees the pile. "I'll go first. Watch our six."

Clint turns back to face the main hallway, bow and arrow ready. Nat slowly and quietly puts her hand on the door handle. She pauses before cautiously turning the handle. She forcefully pushes open the door. It opens into a dark office. She and Clint enter the room to find you heading towards the window.

You turn around as you hear them enter the room. Nat yells at you. "I don't think you're going anywhere."

You look at her through your eyebrows. "You really think you can stop me, don't you?" You say with a laugh in your voice.

"There are two of us and only one of you. From what I can see, you are unarmed," Clint says as he stands next to Nat. He looks you up and down. You are dressed in a skin-tight bodysuit.

You give a mischievous grin and say. "You'd be surprised what I'm hiding under here."

You immediately turn for the window, but Nat shoots a warning over your shoulder.
"Wow, you really want to do this, don't you?" You say over your shoulder as you pause.

You turn around and rush Nat with an inhuman speed. You grab the gun and toss it out the window. You kick Nat back against the wall. You are too close for Clint to fire his arrow, so he attacks with his bow. You block it with ease. Nat comes from behind, kicking low and trying to kick your legs out from under you. You jump up and kick Clint in the chest, evading Nat's kick. You backflip over Nat and grab her from behind, putting her in a headlock. She fights your hold but cannot break it. You have an incredible hold on her.

She pushes backward, forcing you against the wall. You throw her to the ground. You look up to see Clint pulling back his bow. You glance to your side and run for the wall. You bank up the side of the wall, coming alongside Clint. He tries to track your moves, but you are fast.

As you approach him, you grab his bow from his hands and land in front of the window. You bring up your knee and break his bow over it. You smile at both of them.

"Well, it's been fun, kids, but I have places to be and people to kill." You jump out the window head first. Clint helps Nat up as they both run for the window. They look down; there is no fire escape, and you are nowhere to be seen on the street.

Clint looks at Nat. "What the hell was that?" Nat is silent as she continues to rub her throat.